PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Fab Inc?

cdiel
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
I have called Lew everyday for the last month and he has never answered the phone or returned my call. He has never responded to my emails either. I was wanting a arms, swingarm, and steering stem. Getting tired of waiting so I tack welded the steering stem and relocated the shock mounts to the top of the a arms. I am wanting new shocks now. What kind do you recommend? I guess I need 10 Inch rear shock? I had to compress the front shocks to get them bolted up. What length shock should I go with? If anyone knows where to get aftermarket parts I would love to know.

bigdaddy77
10-21-2011, 12:39 AM
We are running elka shocks off a Drr or apex standard travel. You should leave the shock mounts were they were or to the top of the lower a arm. If you mount them on top of lower a arm you should move them out towards the wheels a little. If you had to compress the stock shocks your loosing travel. May be parting our quad out . Has elka's all the way around , AC nerfs and front bumper , fast flex bars , roxy risers to extend the handle bar height. Extra swingarm 2 sets of stock nerfs 2 stock bumpers 1 stock rear axle, wheels tires , plastic, stock handle bars, engine cases for 90 cc motors ,mikuni carb, keihin carb , intakes. Also got a tb 114 kit head cam and cylinders. Also got stock heads .All kind of parts let me know if anyone is interested we are going to get rid of the motocross quad but going to keep the flat track quad. Building a Pitster pro for next year.Thanks Brian 618-975-7303 call or text or pm me.
For got to answer your Chassis inc ? we tried to order a stem last winter and got the major run around. Ended up welding the stem and putting the Roxy Risers. They work pretty slick. I heard Lew might be out of the business. Get a hold of me I'll tell you all I know about them. They can be a great quad just limited do to lack of aftermarket parts. One reason I picked up a trashed out Pitster to build. More availability of parts and support. Would also sell quad as a whole minus the motor.

Ride1Rob
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Lew builds some awesome stuff! But unfortunately I wouldn't even send him money for parts if I had to and he was a major sponsor for us when we were on quads. I'm hearing horror stories :(

cdiel
10-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Are 13 inch shocks what I need? Will that level out the quad if I leave the shock mounts in the stock position?

lem dad
10-21-2011, 10:15 PM
yes u need 3 inch

Ride1Rob
10-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Watch those mounts. They'll begin to bend downward the more they're jumped on. If possible, have them reinforced to help with strength.

cdiel
10-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Brian when is the best time to call you. Might be interested in some of your parts

bigdaddy77
10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Cdeil sent ya a pm . The best time to call is after 4 pm central time till 7 am I work nights right now. Havnt decided what I'm going to do with the Xtreme but the Pitster is getting parts added weekly and is running awesome. The Xtreme is a great quad and actually corners better than the Pitster . Adam has had the Pitster on 2 wheels several times and never with the Xtreme. Right now his lap times were quicker on the Xtreme but we only got one good ride on the Pitster . If you guys need parts let me know. If I get enough interest I'll part the whole quad. Thanks Brian 618-975-7303