skyeryder
10-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Better go get a copy a good article of wes stones 250r gotta love the R

HAYESTRX250R
10-19-2011, 10:21 PM
+1

xlr810
10-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Awesome quad for sure! Loved the pics. The article itself left much to be desired. During the 90s the 250r almost single-handedly kept the doors open at the mags and aftermarket businesses, and now they get little if any respect. I want to hear more about the LED motor on it, and what's up with Matt Smiley being on the number plates. If that were an article for an all new quad that just came out, everyone would be disappointed in the lack of details and far from thorough testing.

danhung11
10-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Details please... What magazine and month?

skyeryder
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Nov/Dec ATV Rider Mag they have a website also believe it atvrideronline .com

dlunn
10-20-2011, 04:48 PM
FourWerx Carbon has the picture of the front cover on their facebook page. It says "Why Honda's next sport ATV shouldn't be a four stroke."

It's a sweet looking 250r.

danhung11
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by dlunn
FourWerx Carbon has the picture of the front cover on their facebook page. It says "Why Honda's next sport ATV shouldn't be a four stroke."

It's a sweet looking 250r.

Just saw that, sweet R for sure. Need to locate a copy of this magazine.

JM317
10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by xlr810
and what's up with Matt Smiley being on the number plates.

He was letting Smiley race one of his 250r's in some of the GNCC's.

xlr810
10-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Virtually all the build threads on this site are better written with more detail than the ATV rider arcticle...

Anyway, here's the cover.

bholzgen
10-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Someone needs to post scans of this arcticle soon!

headache
10-22-2011, 07:18 PM
yeah matt smiley did pretty well last year in a coulple of the gncc's on an R. I think one he finished around 20th overall in one of them and that ain't bad considering he's having to run A class and have to pass pros and pro am riders.

Honda 250r 001
10-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree! hes doing very well. Plus, in my oppinion, GNCC racing is the hardest type of racing to do with a 250r! Lots of lugging and barely in the powerband. Now id like to see some motocross or supercross 250r's run with the big boys sometime :D

89trx250r
10-24-2011, 03:20 PM
The factories would commit murder before they let a pro run a 2stroke :((

RyanWsly
10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
A 250R isn't hard to ride in the woods if you run it correctly, and the problem with GNCC is that it is too wide open for one. A guy around home has renamed it GNGP lol. A 250 is lacking in the torque department and that is why that one has a 300PV I'm guessing. As far as the factories not letting a 2 stroke run, I think that is less threatening for them in ATVs then people think, another big thing is the chassis. The factories would not be selling ATVs if they didn't have to run factory built ones on the pro level. I really don't follow the motocross or flat track world, but a pro can run a 250R now in GNCC, it just has to be a stock frame. The 250R part doesn't scare them on this quad alone it's also the Lobo. The trickle down effect on engines also applies to chassis. You rag out an engine you rebuild it, you rag out a chassis/frame it's done you go buy new, it all works hand in hand with forcing people to buy a certain product in a round about way. If it all came down to power plant then why did it become "production" instead of "4 stroke only" or "no mixed gas" class. They wanted those hybrids gone too, they were gonna kill their sales. Anyhow it's a sweet machine for sure and should be allowed to compete at whatever level.

red88r
10-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by RyanWsly
A 250R isn't hard to ride in the woods if you run it correctly, and the problem with GNCC is that it is too wide open for one. A guy around home has renamed it GNGP lol. A 250 is lacking in the torque department and that is why that one has a 300PV I'm guessing. As far as the factories not letting a 2 stroke run, I think that is less threatening for them in ATVs then people think, another big thing is the chassis. The factories would not be selling ATVs if they didn't have to run factory built ones on the pro level. I really don't follow the motocross or flat track world, but a pro can run a 250R now in GNCC, it just has to be a stock frame. The 250R part doesn't scare them on this quad alone it's also the Lobo. The trickle down effect on engines also applies to chassis. You rag out an engine you rebuild it, you rag out a chassis/frame it's done you go buy new, it all works hand in hand with forcing people to buy a certain product in a round about way. If it all came down to power plant then why did it become "production" instead of "4 stroke only" or "no mixed gas" class. They wanted those hybrids gone too, they were gonna kill their sales. Anyhow it's a sweet machine for sure and should be allowed to compete at whatever level.

Well said....hit the nail on the head!

xlr810
10-25-2011, 12:27 AM
article:

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h440/dmisek1/ATVrpg56001.jpg

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h440/dmisek1/ATVrpg57001.jpg

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h440/dmisek1/ATVrpg58001.jpg

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h440/dmisek1/ATVrpg59001.jpg

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h440/dmisek1/ATVrpg60001.jpg

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h440/dmisek1/ATVrpg63001.jpg

farmer250r
10-25-2011, 06:37 AM
deffinatly very cool to see the 250r get some good repp from a magazine.hasnt happened in a while.when i was reading the artical he talked about his son knowing alot about quads.my little brother would give him a run for his money.he could spot a 250r with his eyes closed.hes sat in the garage in the winters watching me rebuild my old 250r and my new 250r.he wants a trx90 hybrid with a cr85 motor.he says to me all the time "can we build me a little 250r" lol.so theres another one on our side! and me.im 18 and ive already had 2 and still currently own one.a nice 87 trx250r.and wherever i go i still get the same question."IS THAT A 250r?" haha always will be under my butt!

C-LEIGH RACING
10-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Farmer,
You need to get him a Fischer frame for that CR85. Bud builds one of the highest quality frames you an buy to build a mini quad & been doing it for quite a few years.
Fischer Cycle Sales, Ashtabula Ohio.

250R guys, we need to be more out spoken about our old R's & let everybody you know hear it from us, maybe, just maybe AMA will get the word & pull back out of this "production" crap they have pushed off on us.

EPA, didnt do it,
Envriomentlist, didnt do it
Animal actavist, didnt do it
So who was it blocked the 2 strokes out of racing.

I think you all know the answer & know it wasnt us, but was who could fill their pockets.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW, GONE like they have done so many times before.

Stand up & be counted, mean what you say & stick to it or we'll just be a memory.

We need to support those that are supporting us, those die hard 2 stroke companys producing parts to keep the ol 250R alive.

LeD Performance, Cylinders, Piston kits, Gaskets, Pipes

Eddie Sanders Racing, Cylinders, Piston kits, Rod kits, Crankshafts, Clutch covers, Clutch kits, Pipes & soon crankcase halfs

Calvin Pollet Inc (CPI) Cylinders, Piston Kits, Gaskets,

LA Sleeve Cylinders, Piston kits, Rod kits, Gaskets,

CT Racing Cylinders, Rod Kits, Gaskets, Pipes

Hot Rods Cranks, Cranks, Rod Kits, Bearings, Gaskets

Wiseco Pistons, Piston Kits, Rod Kits, Bearings, Gaskets

Wossnor Pistons, Piston Kits

Cometic Gaskets

BDT Motorsports, All of the above & soon crankcase halfs

Last but not the least, ATV Riders.com for allowing all of us to be here in support of the old 250R.
Neil

farmer250r
10-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Amen brother! we need to show people out there that 2 stroke are more then just stinky blue smoke blowing animals! were a breed of our own! spreak out and will give the companies ideas.imo i think honda has somthing up there sleve anyway.2 stroke wll be back!

spintly
10-27-2011, 08:19 PM
There is not a better feeling @ a GNCC race as watching 4 stoke after 4 stroke and then hear Matt coming and fly past you on Wes's sweet R. The engine has a great sound to it! Very cool.

C-LEIGH RACING
10-28-2011, 07:55 AM
I've not been to any of the GNCC in a while or know what the classes are, what are they allowing the 2 stroke to run in, what classes.
Neil

Mony25
10-28-2011, 08:52 AM
pretty much everything except pro and pro am there are a couple schoolboy that are 200cc max and a production rule. smiley ran junior 22 plus A. which is the highest he was eligible for. last year at ironman he took 22nd overall beating some pros.

RyanWsly
10-28-2011, 09:49 AM
XC1 & XC2 can run any "production" with no time limit now, it used to have age restrictions. Either class can run a LT250R, TRX 250R, Banshee, or Blaster even if they wished it upon themselves.... they just must be a factory frame ect. no major mods to the geometry. The Roll has to run A due to the "production" the rule does not apply to the lower classes.