PDA

View Full Version : Fried my topend??

400man
10-19-2011, 01:09 PM
I traded for another 400ex a couple weeks ago (I have two 400's now), an 02 with works shocks, +2 a-arms, and supposedly a fresh motor with a wiseco piston and stage 1 hotcam. the bike has been running great, no smoke or leaks or problems at all. ive rode it pretty good since ive had it. well yesterday I decided to do some test laps around my trails to try and get in better shape when ever I decide to try another XC race. I rode for probably 30-40 mins without stopping, done probably 8 to 10 short "laps" through my trails which consisted of a few tight trails and up hill climbs and a long haul across a field. So when I decided to call it quits I was riding across the field about 4th gear half throttle and I start to hear some ticking from the motor for a few seconds, then next it starts loosing power and feels like its seizing up and then it just dies :eek: . so I set there for about a minute and hit the start button and it fires back up so I slowly and easily had back toward the house. then I look behind me and the blue smoke is just a rollin' :mad: . it doesnt make any stange ticks or noises, just smokes like crazy. So is it safe to say I cooked my rings or piston? I plan on taking it apart here fairly soon.

CJM
10-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Very safe to say you cooked them.

Someone didnt jet it properly. Let us know what you find when you open it up.