PDA

View Full Version : Stub Axel/Steering Arm Failure

Adams granddad
10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
For those of you that are using stock stub axel/steering arms, a word of warning!! Check the top of the casting for fractures, we had one fail while racing, resulting in a big off. When we checked out the other side we found this was also cracked. Around the paddock there were others starting to fracture that had gone unchecked........ Accidents waiting to happen!!

hwf-racing
10-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Same with us, we found in same location on race quad but practice quad was alright for now. I posted if any other spindle would fit but I think were stuck with oem until a aftermarket is made.

Adams granddad
10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Best to change the whole thing, hubs, calipers, the lot, for Honda or YFZ 450

EJ Racing 07
02-12-2012, 12:46 PM
What years 450 spindles work?? I just tried swapping the ones off my 04 yfz 450 with our race rappy everything looks good except the tie rods hit the shocks when at full turn. From the center of the holes on the 450 it's 3" top ball joint to the tie rod hole and it's 3 1/2" on the rappy. Losing that half inch give not enough clearance.

EJ Racing 07
02-17-2012, 05:20 PM
No one has any more info on this?? I know there has to be other Rappy owners out there that have cracks in their spindles and don't even know it! Very dangerous!!! There has to be a solution out there, if the 450s work what stem are you using? I have JB stem and a-arms and my inside tie rods hit the shocks at full turn. I would love to have 450 spindles cause the OEM one are junk!