PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

adamped415
10-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Ok heres the deal, 07 er, brand new piston valves springs installed, went to start and get no spark, check all wiring connections and there all where they should be, Iv replaced plug, boot,coil,cdi,stator,battery yet still no spark, the engine cranks but no spark, any ideas???

DnB_racing
10-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by adamped415
Ok heres the deal, 07 er, brand new piston valves springs installed, went to start and get no spark, check all wiring connections and there all where they should be, Iv replaced plug, boot,coil,cdi,stator,battery yet still no spark, the engine cranks but no spark, any ideas??? is the TORS still hooked up? if so your throttle cable might just not have enough free play

adamped415
10-20-2011, 10:06 AM
yea its still hooked up, i pulled the carb apart for the first time before all this happened but i just took it down and swaped a jet out thats all, not sure if that helps

adamped415
10-20-2011, 10:06 AM
yea its still hooked up, i pulled the carb apart for the first time before all this happened but i just took it down and swaped a jet out thats all, not sure if that helps

DnB_racing
10-20-2011, 07:13 PM
from your symptoms it sounds like your cable is to tight causing the tors to prevent it from starting

adamped415
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
i just checked the tors system, all plugs are in and the cable is not to tight, i pulled the black cable and verified its hiting the switch so im not sure if it should be or barely just touching

DnB_racing
10-21-2011, 02:58 PM
this is a break down of the tors system, notice that if the carb slide is not closed and the thumb is closed it is a fail.... its made this way in case your cable is broken and the thumb lever is released but the slide is stuck open it wont run....

you can jump the 2 wires at the throttle housing together to eliminate the tors, even if this isn't the problem this time it will eventually give you trouble, I recomend jumping it to get rid of any possible issues with it at a bad time

adamped415
02-07-2012, 06:18 PM
still trying to get this figured out, the tors seems to be fine)throttle closed and the carb slide closed with some freeplay after i pull the throttle it open the carb slide, not sure if thats right or not

DnB_racing
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I would just jump it out completely, splice the 2 wires going to the micro switch in the throttle housing together,

if it still doesn't start its not this and you got other problems,

dont waste time on the tors its only something that will cause problems , just get ride of it before it strands you in the woods or on the track

adamped415
02-07-2012, 06:41 PM
ok, will send this stuff over to my cuz since its at his house and update in a couple days the outcome, thanks!