PDA

View Full Version : hardkor engineering hubs

scanno
10-17-2011, 09:21 PM
I have a set of hubs I traded for that are built by Hardkor Engineering for a 400ex that i am using on a mini mod when I got them they needed tapered style bearings they still had the tapered races in them, I knocked the races out and bought new bearings for a 400ex but the do not work(centercap does not fit when pressed all of the way in place they rub the caliper mount) has anyone ever replaced their Hardkor front hub bearings without buying Hardkors $120 kit? if so what bearings did you find to work?

ccdhowell
10-18-2011, 08:36 AM
I have. I took the bearings out and took them to a shop in town that specializes in bearings and seals. I gotta tell you though that it cost me the same $120 at my local shop. I did get Timken bearings at the local place, don't know what brand the Hardkor one's are but the price was the same... surprised me too.

250x_kyle
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
have the part number wrote down in the garage if you still need it i will grab them. i found the part numbers looked them up and ended up getting brand new ones off ebay for 20 shipped.

scanno
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
That would be awesome, I am still running the stock hubs. Thanks Kyle

kbass24emtp
11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Hardkor uses Timken. Also that price includes them pressing out the old races and putting in the new ones. I had them do it a few months back.

NacsMXer
11-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
Hardkor uses Timken. Also that price includes them pressing out the old races and putting in the new ones. I had them do it a few months back.

X2, they do use Timken tapered bearings. The price is a little outrageous, but Timken is really high quality stuff at the same time.