PDA

View Full Version : 2012 ATVA motocross

mxpimp2000
10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Schedule is posted what does everyone think? Ballance in ky pro's racing under the lights how do you think that will turn out? I thought pros would need a few hour intermission to rest and tweak bikes.

‎2012 AMA ATV Motocross National Championship Series Schedule

March 24-25 Millcreek Pell City, AL

April 21-22 Muddy Creek Raceway Blountville, TN

May 5-6 Budds Creek Budds Creek, MD

May 19-20 Sunset Ridge Walnut, IL

June 2-3 Ballance MX Oakland, KY

June 16-17 High Point Raceway Mount Morris, PA

July 30-1 Sunday Creek Millfield, OH

July 14-15 Unadilla New Berlin, NY

July 28-29 RedBud Buchanan, MI

August 11-12 Loretta Lynn's Hurricane Mills, TN

catch22blaster
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Dirt bike pros didnt need rest this past weekend at the monster cup. The quad guys will be fine itll show the true winner that night. I think its awesome that itll be under the lights its almost worth just driving down there just to watch it. The tt pro races are under lights sometimes an its cool.

I think the Schedule seems pretty good 10 races more affordable an practical to get the numbers back up since they been super low. It intrests me to race again. I think itll do good for the series. will see though. just my .02 cents

mxpimp2000
10-17-2011, 07:38 PM
come on down matt i live 1 minute from the track lol bill ballance is my neighbor pretty much lol I love being close to the track BUT its never open for practice or races.

axellmusic19
10-17-2011, 08:31 PM
No more Minnesota Spring Creek at Millville :(

Wired
10-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by axellmusic19
No more Minnesota Spring Creek at Millville :(

after the crowd they got this year it was expected :(

mamaknothead
10-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Schedule is good, what I like the most is the first race starting at the end of March, it gives me more time to save money before I have to spend it all. As for the Pro's under the light I think its gonna be good. The promoters are doing a good job trying to mix it up a little. Maybe just what this sport needs to bring the people back.

jake55
10-18-2011, 07:06 AM
i like it!!! as knothead said starting at the end of march is a good thing. two less races my kid has to miss school for and i should not have to shovel snow to get the toyhauler out of the driveway. heck this year for the first 2 rounds i hauled about 6 inches of snow for several hundred miles until we got far enough south for it to melt.
the best part is im only 45 minutes from high point and only 2 hours from sunday creek. its all good!!!!

catch22blaster
10-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
come on down matt i live 1 minute from the track lol bill ballance is my neighbor pretty much lol I love being close to the track BUT its never open for practice or races.

haha must be nice. When the time comes ill prolly take u up on that offer

Kovatch
10-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I think the switching around of the schedule is pretty good. Mt Morris is a good switch (back). Starting later is nice with weather being a concern for us "northerners." I can't wait for the under the lights at Ballance. This will be fun/new for our direct sport.

Hopefully, we can get more TV time and increased media exposure: more money for the sport. Bring your friends out to the races too. We need to keep the attendance #s up.

quad2xtreme
10-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by jake55
i like it!!! as knothead said starting at the end of march is a good thing. two less races my kid has to miss school for and i should not have to shovel snow to get the toyhauler out of the driveway. heck this year for the first 2 rounds i hauled about 6 inches of snow for several hundred miles until we got far enough south for it to melt.
the best part is im only 45 minutes from high point and only 2 hours from sunday creek. its all good!!!!

What part of Ohio is 45 minutes from Mt. Morris, PA?

jake55
10-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
What part of Ohio is 45 minutes from Mt. Morris, PA?

were right on the ohio, w va border on I70. 2 miles in ohio, 13 miles across wva and your in pa. have about 30 miles or so down I79 and your there.

quad2xtreme
10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by jake55
were right on the ohio, w va border on I70. 2 miles in ohio, 13 miles across wva and your in pa. have about 30 miles or so down I79 and your there.

That is why I was confused. I grew up in that area. It is 55 miles from I-70 on the PA/WV border to Mt. Morris.

KingpinsEx
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
No Steel City? I am not happy about that change, I love that track, plus it was the closest national for me to go to.

jake55
10-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
That is why I was confused. I grew up in that area. It is 55 miles from I-70 on the PA/WV border to Mt. Morris.

average 75 + mph, yep, under an hour!!!

be glad you got out of this area, it still sucks!!

OutlawBill
10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
this race series should be called the eastern championship nothing west of the Mississippi :mad:

jigg14
10-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
this race series should be called the eastern championship nothing west of the Mississippi :mad:
That's why you guys have the Quad Cross series...
I've heard it every year about this series being east coast only

mxpimp2000
10-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by jigg14
That's why you guys have the Quad Cross series...
I've heard it every year about this series being east coast only

I know right i can barley afford to drive 4 hours to lorettas every year. To hell with driving to Utah for a race or Arizona and the west coast riders aint goin to drive to Kentucky for a race its just that simple to give both a series like ATVA and quadcross

Pappy
10-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Works for me. I got my schedule a month ago....we switched up a few rounds for 2012 but im heading back to Redbud and loosing Dilla. We both might be at Ballances due to it being a night venue.

mxpimp2000
10-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Works for me. I got my schedule a month ago....we switched up a few rounds for 2012 but im heading back to Redbud and loosing Dilla. We both might be at Ballances due to it being a night venue.

hopefully lol I still yet am waiting on my atvriders photo :D as many as ive raced im still the unlucky one hahahahaha

440racer66
10-21-2011, 10:29 AM
im just glad to see muddy creek back!!!!!! i wish they would bring back birch creek as well. but looks like ill be running muddy creek for sure. hopefully ill manage to run ballance too. all the rest are way out of my range of how far im willin to drive. but word are my town is steele creek got aproved to build a national mx track where the gncc is held so hopefully that ill happen and then hopefully they will pick that track up. it would have huge spectator turn out like the gncc does every year.

mxpimp2000
10-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
im just glad to see muddy creek back!!!!!! i wish they would bring back birch creek as well. but looks like ill be running muddy creek for sure. hopefully ill manage to run ballance too. all the rest are way out of my range of how far im willin to drive. but word are my town is steele creek got aproved to build a national mx track where the gncc is held so hopefully that ill happen and then hopefully they will pick that track up. it would have huge spectator turn out like the gncc does every year.

with ballance leaving the series after 2012 i wouldnt doubt that at all.

mamaknothead
10-23-2011, 08:33 PM
I love hearing you guys talking about the distance to the races. Try driving from Texas, the closest race to us is Mill Creek and it is 14 hrs away but some how we just suck it up and figure out how to make them all. I know what you are thinking but you are not correct, I am buy no means rich or have anyone else paying for our racing. We are just committed to supporting our rider and just make the sacrifices needed to get him there. Also I use every day of my vacation and sick time every year to be able to drive to each event. Thats what it takes so thats what we do.

Here is the hours to each event for us:
Mill Creek 14 hrs
Muddy Creek 17 hrs
Ballance 18 hrs
Bud Creek 26 hrs
Sunset Ridge 20 hrs
High Point 24 hrs
Sunday Creek 24 hrs
Unadilla 32 hrs
Red Bud 24 hrs
Loretta Lynns 14 hrs

Pacheco_450r
10-23-2011, 09:23 PM
I understand where you guys are coming from, our sport not being as big as the bikes it's a lot harder to go cross country for races. I will admit though that I always liked seeing the season opener at Glen Helen back in the day. I know that will probably never happen again.

cpollyjr
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
im with 440 racer! GLAD MUDDY CREEK IS BACK!