PDA

View Full Version : rc cars?

blaster12s
10-17-2011, 09:18 AM
hey i have this rc car i know nothing about time has a few extra parts idk if it runs or anything, not controler
anyone wanna give me some info on this setup?

muddy400EX
10-19-2011, 03:18 PM
well its a buggy. if it has no controller you can buy a controller/reciever for 50-100 bucks. is it pull start? did u get a glow ignitor and fuel with it?

u can start it and see if it atleast runs

honda400ex2003
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
not the right brand of car but traxxas has great customer service stuff for nitro.

Read through this to get an idea of what you need to make sure you check on and what is required to have an operational car:
http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/4907_manual_0.pdf

to get you started in the right direction on engine. the turns in and out might not be accurate but it will get you going in the right direction.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/TRXbreakintuningcard_0.pdf

Hopefully that will get you started in the right direction. I have a t-maxx so i just used the tmaxx stuff since it was easy for me to find.

Start looking at Tower hobbies.com and such for parts that you need. you can probably find your car on there too if you start looking at the buggies and such.

steve

honda400ex2003
10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
it almost looks like a traxxas but i can only go off of the tank placement and battery box. maybe a bigger picture would be helpful.

ofna is also a big buggy manu along with hpi and a couple of others to get you in the right direction of who might make that buggy.

steve

muddy400EX
10-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
it almost looks like a traxxas but i can only go off of the tank placement and battery box. maybe a bigger picture would be helpful.

ofna is also a big buggy manu along with hpi and a couple of others to get you in the right direction of who might make that buggy.

steve

traxxas don't have an 1/8 scale nitro buggy.

blaster12s, did it come with a body? gonna be really hard to buy parts if u don't know what it is

blaster12s
10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
roommate moved out..more like got kiced out and he left this, really just wanna get rid of it, i has some parts. the started is like a battery thing that attacetes to a spark plug, i have a cupple pics on my phone...im really looking to sell it to cover some his rent ya know.

muddy400EX
10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
found it. its a Red Cat Racing Shockwave. and its a 1/10 scale:huh

never even heard of it, haha

muddy400EX
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM
there only $130 brand new,lol. most nitro buggy's are over 400

mjc597
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
the entire line of redcat racing r/c's is not the best you can get..they are cheap beginner level car kits..almost always rtr versions..you can get a radio and reciever combo on most r/c forums relatively cheap..check out this forum www.rctech.com ,and www.ultimaterc.com , should get some help..check ebay for a 2.4 radio/reciever combo too..prolly pick up one pretty cheap..i just sold all my nitro trucks..got into electric instead..r u looking to keep it or sell it?

muddy400EX
10-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by mjc597
the entire line of redcat racing r/c's is not the best you can get..they are cheap beginner level car kits..almost always rtr versions..you can get a radio and reciever combo on most r/c forums relatively cheap..check out this forum www.rctech.com ,and www.ultimaterc.com , should get some help..check ebay for a 2.4 radio/reciever combo too..prolly pick up one pretty cheap..i just sold all my nitro trucks..got into electric instead..r u looking to keep it or sell it?

what kinda electrics u got? im lookin at a B4.1 on ebay. its a roller with the 2.4 rx/tx. ive got an old T3 that i put a 3900 brushless, and 2s lipo in. and its pretty much tore the truck apart. tranny's jacked, its keep snappin the axle pin that the wheel locks onto,etc. need something built for brushless/lipo power

ive also got a rc10gt with an os .18,it rips. electrics may have better technology. but i still love nitros:macho

HondaRacing83
10-20-2011, 04:55 AM
says redcatracing on the spoiler lol

muddy400EX
10-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
says redcatracing on the spoiler lol

durka durka

mjc597
10-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
what kinda electrics u got? im lookin at a B4.1 on ebay. its a roller with the 2.4 rx/tx. ive got an old T3 that i put a 3900 brushless, and 2s lipo in. and its pretty much tore the truck apart. tranny's jacked, its keep snappin the axle pin that the wheel locks onto,etc. need something built for brushless/lipo power

hmmm, well i have a LOSI 4x4 short course truck..i have a Tekin RX8 esc, and a Tekin sc4x 5.5 motor..but i just picked up a xxxt-cr and i'm going with either a castle sidewinder sv2/5700kv esc/motor combo, or the dynamite fuze esc/5800kv motor combo..but the tranny is all metal gears..guys with buggy's at our track (alot of losi 22's and a couple b4.1's are running mamba max pro esc's or novak gtb's and for motors, they range from 3900kv, one guy has a 4600kv, not sure what others r using..the 4.1 should be able to handle brushless power, some of the newer buggies/trucks r using hexes on the back for the wheels to go on..12mm i think, thats what my xxxt-cr has..have a guy at our track with a b3 with hexes on it..not sure what to try with your T3 to fix the axle pins snapping..

muddy400EX
10-24-2011, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by mjc597
hmmm, well i have a LOSI 4x4 short course truck..i have a Tekin RX8 esc, and a Tekin sc4x 5.5 motor..but i just picked up a xxxt-cr and i'm going with either a castle sidewinder sv2/5700kv esc/motor combo, or the dynamite fuze esc/5800kv motor combo..but the tranny is all metal gears..guys with buggy's at our track (alot of losi 22's and a couple b4.1's are running mamba max pro esc's or novak gtb's and for motors, they range from 3900kv, one guy has a 4600kv, not sure what others r using..the 4.1 should be able to handle brushless power, some of the newer buggies/trucks r using hexes on the back for the wheels to go on..12mm i think, thats what my xxxt-cr has..have a guy at our track with a b3 with hexes on it..not sure what to try with your T3 to fix the axle pins snapping..

ya im givin up on the T3, lol. everytime i would drive it something would screw up, it's just to much for a 10+ year old truck i guess

was considering a b4.1, t4.1 or maybe a slash 2wd. this setup made that thing fly, but i just need something that's gonna hold up. prolly most anything new would handle it tho

mjc597
10-24-2011, 06:13 AM
yeah, all of the new traxxas vehicles are ready for brushless..the rtr vehicles come brushless now, so a kit (if traxxas makes kits) or if u buy a roller, they will take brushless..kid at my track just bought a new T4.1 and he's running brushless, using a revtech motor..not sure what turn or kv it was though..prolly around 6.5 or 7.5..

08450R
10-26-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm so glad I don't race rc cars anymore. I got tired of spending all that money on them. Now I dump all the money in my quads. Guess it's easier with one hobby.

HondaRacing83
10-27-2011, 05:07 AM
ive got a tmaxx and its killing me. this things so expansive and i manage to break so many parts on it! and when you go to replace something you have to take like half the car apart to get to it. im thinking about just selling it and getting an e revo. my buddies got a e maxx. i like its electric but dont like its the same platform and litho batteries are like 120 for that thing!! i wanna buy a brushless e revo with lithos already in it.

honda400ex2003
10-27-2011, 05:01 PM
bummer on the maxx. :( i raced mine for 2 years every weekend and never broke anything.

I hit a 4x4 post at almost 40mph and hardly damaged the front end. only broke the left set of front arms and the left front bulk head.

it was the best running least maintenance truck that was at the track weekly.

steve

HondaRacing83
10-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
bummer on the maxx. :( i raced mine for 2 years every weekend and never broke anything.

I hit a 4x4 post at almost 40mph and hardly damaged the front end. only broke the left set of front arms and the left front bulk head.

it was the best running least maintenance truck that was at the track weekly.

steve i hit the corner of my garage at like 5mph and snap a turnbuckle, go figure. that was a pain to fix. finally got it together and went out and snapped the bumper mounts. then after ****ing with the thing all day, i finally got it running at dark. i decided to get a little ghetto and duct taped a flashlight to the top and ran it and ended up tearing the tire off the rim and messed up the a arm, all i did was roll it in my front yard!

muddy400EX
10-28-2011, 06:38 AM
ive got a tmaxx and its killing me. this things so expansive and i manage to break so many parts on it! and when you go to replace something you have to take like half the car apart to get to it. im thinking about just selling it and getting an e revo. my buddies got a e maxx. i like its electric but dont like its the same platform and litho batteries are like 120 for that thing!! i wanna buy a brushless e revo with lithos already in it.

ya LiPo batteries are expensive. my 2s was $50, and my charger was $90. and the e-revo takes two batteries so its even more. lol and the truck is $700!!!

$140 for my battery and charger. and i still like my nitro better. its fast, and it actually RUNS!

muddy400EX
10-28-2011, 06:43 AM
i hit the corner of my garage at like 5mph and snap a turnbuckle, go figure. that was a pain to fix. finally got it together and went out and snapped the bumper mounts. then after ****ing with the thing all day, i finally got it running at dark. i decided to get a little ghetto and duct taped a flashlight to the top and ran it and ended up tearing the tire off the rim and messed up the a arm, all i did was roll it in my front yard!

u either have bad luck or are just beating the hell out that things,lol

me and my buddy were draggin our trucks down the road, his T4 racing my old T3 (10 year old truck btw) mine caught up, and ramped the back of his runnin full speed. his went flippin down the road, mine went airbourne for about 30 feet. we just flipped em over and kept going,lol didnt break anything

HondaRacing83
10-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
u either have bad luck or are just beating the hell out that things,lol

me and my buddy were draggin our trucks down the road, his T4 racing my old T3 (10 year old truck btw) mine caught up, and ramped the back of his runnin full speed. his went flippin down the road, mine went airbourne for about 30 feet. we just flipped em over and kept going,lol didnt break anything i dont really beat mine that bad haha. i cant wait till my buddy gets his e maxx running, i wanna compare the 2. hes kinda being stupid about it though. i have all kinds of extra parts for my tmaxx and pretty much all of em are universal with the e maxx i offered to sell them to him for a fraction of what new ones cost and there like new. hes like nah. ill just buy em new.