PDA

View Full Version : My rant of the day...

Pacheco_450r
10-15-2011, 12:34 PM
So when I look through quad videos on YouTube I can't help but notice all the quad bashing that goes on in the comments section. I really don't get why the two wheel guys bash on us quad guys so bad when you hardly see it the other way around. I'm not against dirt bike riders, I respect them as a rider just like me. I just don't see how they can talk so much trash when you see vids of the pro quad guys flat out flying on the same tracks the bikes are running and have even pulled faster lap times on some of those tracks. They are under the illusion that a quad has racks and is used on the farm. While that may be true for part of the sport we all know we are just as legitimate in mx and sport riding as any of the two wheel guys. Recently I was able to get myself allowed on a dirtbike only mx track here in my area and after the guys saw me keeping up or passing half the guys out there I've earned a little respect and even got asked "how do you handle that thing around a track?" People don't really realize what we do unless they see it first hand or try it themselves. Anyways...I just figured I'd get that off my chest.

Tommy Warren
10-15-2011, 02:09 PM
its just like the ford, chevy, dodge thing...they're either busting your balls or they are jealous

HondaPohl
10-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I never cared what dirtbike peeps had to say.

mx Eli
10-15-2011, 06:45 PM
i get funny looks when i go to a track with mostly bikes (somedays im the only quad), then I go out on the track and can run down and pass all but 1 or 2 bikes. then when taking a rest the guys riding the 1 or 2 bikes that i couldnt pass come talk to me and are really nice. personally i'v found that the newbie or less skilled bike riders that are cocky are the ones who talk ****.

JR3
10-15-2011, 07:08 PM
unless i go to the track i always am riding with B and A class buddies that all ride bikes 250s and 450s i race at an A class level myself and they use to bash quads but once they saw some of the things i would do on a quad they would just look at me and say i never thought a quad could do that like doing mis direction hip jumps stuff like that. that not the average hick pit riding on a quad does if u catch my drift. when they think quad they think a drunk on a 300ex not a A class rider on a 15 grand race quad lol

Wired
10-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by mx Eli
personally i'v found that the newbie or less skilled bike riders that are cocky are the ones who talk ****.

very rare do i ever get crap from pro moto guys. It's always the rockstar hat, monster shirt drinking a redbull guy that talk all the smack. I usually just laugh at them and keep about my business

Pacheco_450r
10-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Wired
very rare do i ever get crap from pro moto guys. It's always the rockstar hat, monster shirt drinking a redbull guy that talk all the smack. I usually just laugh at them and keep about my business

Same here, just like the others said I get respect from the guys that can throw it down on the track. It's always the guys wired described that gives crap to everyone.

OldGuyonaQuad
10-16-2011, 08:33 AM
My best friend rides a yamaha 250 yzf and refuses to get a quad he claims that quads are for people that don't know how to ride dirt bikes.

I counter by reminding him that nobody on our hatfield/mccoy trip laid their quads down & broke their master cylinders and had to spend the rest of their weekend watching videos in the cabin.

H8rs come in all shapes, sizes, colors and denominations but most of them do ride dirt bikes (or raptors) ;) :D

Tommy Warren
10-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
My best friend rides a yamaha 250 yzf and refuses to get a quad he claims that quads are for people that don't know how to ride dirt bikes.

I counter by reminding him that nobody on our hatfield/mccoy trip laid their quads down & broke their master cylinders and had to spend the rest of their weekend watching videos in the cabin.

H8rs come in all shapes, sizes, colors and denominations but most of them do ride dirt bikes (or raptors) ;) :D

yeah damn those raptor riders for being so skillfull and fast...who h8n now:blah:

wilkin250r
10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Yep. It's those that can't run their bike on the track, so they feel like they gotta run their mouths in the pits.

trailrider894
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Just wanna say, that I see why people like bikes, and hate quads, but i see why quad guys hate bikes... Its nice being a guy who roll's in the middle... They each have there up's and downs...

Bike People= Stuck up jerks who are know it all's... most of the time.

ATV People= Friendly, Show Off's, Big Mouths and small actions.

Ruby Soho
10-17-2011, 07:48 AM
the only place i see hating on quads is online. every track i've been to nobody ever said anything about quads, and when i got on bikes it was the same. even pits or whatever. i like them both, so im not one to really say anything bad.. except to my little brother when i tell him quads are for girls and he gets all worked up:devil: