PDA

View Full Version : air box cleanliness!

njquadracer11
10-15-2011, 11:31 AM
ok this may be a stupid question, but ive been racing mx for almost 6 years now, and i cant figure out for the life of me how ppl keep their air box's spotless...ive tried everything from powerwashing, to scrubbing, oven cleaners for the oil...but i can never get it spotless

blaster12s
10-15-2011, 12:08 PM
elbow grease.

DnB_racing
10-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by njquadracer11
ok this may be a stupid question, but ive been racing mx for almost 6 years now, and i cant figure out for the life of me how ppl keep their air box's spotless...ive tried everything from powerwashing, to scrubbing, oven cleaners for the oil...but i can never get it spotless one of the biggest things that help me, is after washing my quad I will give the whole quad a spray of penetrating fluid, plastics and motor and everthing

this does 2 things, one it keeps things well lubed and displaces any moisture and 2 it helps keep dirt from sticking the next time I ride it,if I know im riding in a real muddy place I will give it a good spay right before the ride, and of course clean as soon as possible while the mud is still wet...

but keeping it well oiled with some sort of penetrating fluid definitely helps keep dirt, grease and mud from sticking and staining it

hondamatic4588
10-15-2011, 12:44 PM
i cover where the airfilter goes on then i spray the airbox down with purple power and let it sit for a few minutes then pressure wash it, i do this everytime i wash the quad and its spotless