PDA

View Full Version : Clutch wont disenguage, oil tank overfull - whats your opinion

WwsivicwW
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
I was riding my 400 the other day with no problems at all... i shut it down came back to it 10 minutes later, pulled in the clutch lever and the clutch stuck. It wouldnt disenguage or release...(only manually with a pair of channel locks it will). The cable is free, its definitly internal. I then checked my oil and the tank was over full to the point that it was over flowing when i pulled the dip stick out..

My assumption before i take anything apart is that i have a blockage somewhere in the oil system.. that the oil pumped out of the case, made it into the tank, and is not making its way back into the case causing my clutch to seize or come close to seizing due to no oil to lubricate it... im going to take it apart this weekend and see whats going on..
what are your guys thoughts or opinions? anyone hear of a similar issue? this happen to anyone else on here?
i think im on the right track but im open to any suggestions..

Thanks

Gresham250R
10-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe check the oil line that goes from ur tank to the engine....or the oil cooler lines for blockage...possibly pull your oil cooler completely off and clean it off with like brake cleaner and blow all the oil lines out.

HondaRaceReady
10-14-2011, 06:06 PM
My assumption before i take anything apart is that i have a blockage somewhere in the oil system.. that the oil pumped out of the case, made it into the tank, and is not making its way back into the case causing my clutch to seize or come close to seizing due to no oil to lubricate it... im going to take it apart this weekend and see whats going on..

I think you have it backwards. There is probably so much oil in the clutch compartment that the friction plates swelled and will not disingage. If there was not enough oil then the clutch would slip.