PDA

View Full Version : Housing Associations

TRXMaddness
02-25-2003, 02:21 PM
I have a new dilema on my hands now. I recently moved into a housing subdivision. Very nice place, but there is this association I didn't know about until today when my roommate told me the realtors called. Well, I spoke with the realtors and the association of the subdivision I live in. Turns out I have to move my trailer that I carry my 400EX in. The association is for the rich and that's something I'm not (rich). I rented this place back in January because it was what I was looking for. If I knew this was going to be an issue I would have never rented the house. Not only will I have to travel to the places I ride, but I will also have to travel to get my trailer to load my quad in. What type of bull is that? Today wasn't the greatest day when I came into work, when I heard about this as you can tell. I have to have my trailer moved by the 28th or the landlord will have to pay a fine, then I will have to pay him back on the fine. Tomorrow morning I'm calling the president of the association and finding out what else maybe can be done. What do you guys think about this?

Russ

racin 400
02-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Thats bs u should be able to park ur trailer were u want.

Knight440
02-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Russ call the president of the association and explain to him the realtor that is renting you the house never explained any of this to you and see if there isn't some middle ground that can be reached and you might want to ask him if these anything else you need to know.... Good luck man

Doibugu2
02-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Also, make sure your nice. Its probably one of your neighbors that complained. So try and find out who it is, and see if you can make nice with him/her. Bake a cake or something.:huh

TRXMaddness
02-25-2003, 02:39 PM
I have that already planned. When I spoke with the secretary at the housing association she asked if I was able to move the trailer to the backyard. There is no way that at all. It's written in our lease that there will be know driving on the grass at all. I will see what the president of the association says tomorrow morning. Thanks again Knight.

sylvan56473
02-25-2003, 02:55 PM
I am a Realtor myself and this is why we have a bad name.
The first thing I would do is talk to the neighbors and see if they think that it is a eyesore. An association is run by all of the landowners and at most associations you will need a 100% vote from the other landowners to keep your trailer in the yard. If 1 person votes against it, there is nothing that you can do. Did your landlord give you a make you sign a copy of the association rules? That's the first place that I would start. If you didn't sign them, you should have some reprucussions.

Glow Plug
02-25-2003, 03:00 PM
that really suck but i hope you have some way of getting through it :D

TRXMaddness
02-25-2003, 03:07 PM
sylvan,
Thanks for the info on that. I did read through my lease and I don't remember signing anything for an association within the lease. My roommates and I keep our place very quiet and nice looking, so I do have to find out about it being an eyesore or not. If that's the problem, I will probably move it to some place that I can store it. So far that I have been there I have never riding within the neighborhood or made any type of noise to disturb my neighbors. I think that the association members drive around checking the properties for things like this. I'm unsure at this time. Thanks again for everyone's support on this.

Leo
02-25-2003, 04:22 PM
OH MY GOD... They'd have me thrown out by now.. LOL.. I guess those midnight, finally got it back together, 5th gear WOT test runs would really be out of the question eh?

If they made me move my trailer I'd pick the rules apart and find some way to assemble some gaudy, terrible looking eyesore to give them something legitimate to ***** about.

Maybe a nice $200 beater car w/ no muffler (registered of course) just for the bi-nightly blast around the cul-de-sac.

Leo

TRXMaddness
02-25-2003, 04:26 PM
My quad is loud enough with the HMF slip-on on it. That's why I don't ride it in the neighborhood.

trx400ex
02-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Leo
OH MY GOD... They'd have me thrown out by now.. LOL.. I guess those midnight, finally got it back together, 5th gear WOT test runs would really be out of the question eh?

If they made me move my trailer I'd pick the rules apart and find some way to assemble some gaudy, terrible looking eyesore to give them something legitimate to ***** about.

Maybe a nice $200 beater car w/ no muffler (registered of course) just for the bi-nightly blast around the cul-de-sac.

Leo lmao

anywhereEx
02-25-2003, 06:03 PM
first off glad I do not live down there anymore even though there was quite a few jetting passes in my neighborhood:macho

But I say if they won't budge on the subject talk to ryan and leave the trailer over there in the spot closest to the house that I made and leave it there. Sucks but could be worse

oh yea and when your done kickem in the nutts:eek2:

TRXMaddness
02-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Dustin already have that in work. I need to talk to Ryan tomorrow about leaving it at his place.

VegasEx'r
02-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Good luck dude. Just remeber that the 3rd Reich & communists didn't go away, they moved into suburbia & adopted the acronym of HOA (Home Owners Association). Most developments here in Vegas now have them, and you couldn't pay me enough to live in one.