PDA

View Full Version : project 86 trx 250r

timothypantera
10-14-2011, 06:30 AM
my 86 trx 250r been mostly restored complete tear down i'm trying to keep it mostly original except for the mill has been slightly tweaked its a 85 atc motor 3rd generation but has been jacked with a stroker crank with a long rod kit v force reeds port n polished and decked for higher comp, ricky stator, hot box with a msd coil. hinson complete steele clutch basket with the added bearing upgrade, fmf fatty gold n dynoport silencer, should be done in a month before sno fly

hartwill
10-15-2011, 11:20 PM
sounds like it should make a nice little sleeper. keep us posted.

timothypantera
10-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
sounds like it should make a nice little sleeper. keep us posted. the seat has been recovered and the gold rims on it now just the rears, the motor is in the middle of a top end bore job i might seace that and get a esr 310 kit but i'm not big on o-rings on the cylinder cap being the only thing keeping me from walking. i just got this machine a month ago as a basket case and beleive me it was in a basket i traded a mint 2001 400ex for it kinda crazy but if i can get my hands on 250r's i'm all over it. In any reason it's gonna be a trail n pit machine but power wise it's gonna be fairly sick and dependable my motto is take my time do it right the 1st time. thanks for looking.

darkstar
10-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I can dig it.