PDA

View Full Version : Stroker crank??

FL-R
10-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Im wanting to get a ESR 330 PV top end for my 86, And I was also looking at a stroker crank to push it to a 350 for MX and Harescrambles. ESR has the OEM honda stroker cranks for 500$ which are prob top notch, Any one have any luck with the weisco or hot rods cranks, Thanks

atv fan 28
10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
I have posted this pic numerous times. Do NOT use a Wiseco crank!! Here is mine after a few tanks of gas.

But i have been running a stroked OEM 6mil from ESR for over a year now with zero problems!

http://i56.tinypic.com/zmax4w.jpg

FL-R
10-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Ouch, Ok. Any luck with HotRod cranks..

bigE28
10-14-2011, 05:02 AM
had a buddy who bought a wiseco rod, junked half way thru the race. called wiseco and they told him it was a tinning problem they had. there was a recall on the crank and they would take care of any motor work caused by there mistake. he has to pay for everything first and then they reimburse him. he is going to stay with honda parts from now on !!!

hartwill
10-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by bigE28
had a buddy who bought a wiseco rod, junked half way thru the race. called wiseco and they told him it was a tinning problem they had. there was a recall on the crank and they would take care of any motor work caused by there mistake. he has to pay for everything first and then they reimburse him. he is going to stay with honda parts from now on !!! Same thing happened to me, and they did fully reimburse me...

FL-R
10-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Damn..looks like the OEM is the way to go.. I have a OEM long rod crank now.. just want a bigger motor.

machwon
10-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I know of a hot rods 4mm I've done, it has well over 100 passes at the drag stip, maybe closer to 200 runs. I would trust the hot rod version.

wilkin250r
10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
If I was to take a guess at some realistic numbers, out of 1000 cranks, OEM honda has 1 failure, Hot Rods has 10 failures.

No, it's not great that Hot Rods has ten times as many failures, but if you compare it to the 990 Hot Rods cranks that work and perform just fine without issue, it's really not that bad. I've got a Hot Rods crank in my 340PV. The OEM Honda is definitely the way to go, if you can find one, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a Hot Rods crank.

mxduner
10-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
Same thing happened to me, and they did fully reimburse me... could i get contact info? thanks!

wilkin, those numbers for hot rods are not as bad as what the perception is generally from what i have read off this site. at least over a period of time. Have they goten better?