PDA

View Full Version : best 400ex pipe

250rmike
02-25-2003, 02:15 PM
if i get a 400ex i will want a pipe eventually. ill prolly get a engine kit also. but i wanna know what pipe puts out the most torque cause where i ride/race its mostly up and down hills. also the pipe can be extremely loud or it has to have a insert like the yoshimira's so when i got trail riding i can keep noise down but at the track i can get better power out of it. let me know thanks alot guys

BIGRED400
02-25-2003, 02:27 PM
I have 2002 400EX and put on WHITE-BROS pipe and am happy with it alot of claims out there with the commercial hype and all but dyno test don"t lie ,I did my research and Curtis Sparks does build a good pipe but the 1/2 horsepower difference it ain't worth the money difference...give them a try with good jetting an a good airfilter .When I did that it was like I had a whole new motor under me..........
2002 400 Ex
K&N JETKIT
K&N FILTER w/ OUTERWEARS
WHITE-BROS E-SERIES PIPE
MOTION-PRO TWIST

2003 CR85 EXPERT
(MY SON'S)
BONE STOCK BUT FAST AS HELL

Crawl69
02-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Dirt Wheels tested a few different silencers a while ago, and the best bargain was the pro-circuit t-4. A few of my buddies have 'em and I think its a nice silencer. It is VERY loud without the insert. Here's the link to rocky mountain.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.asp?sid=0002387530

250rmike
02-25-2003, 02:38 PM
yea i have heard a t-4 before and their really loud a friend of mine had one and i didnt like how loud it was. im not reallly looking for peak hp i want more tork but yeah hp is a plus. im thinking of sparks ct lrd yoshimira(a friend has one and i like it) and maybe some others. i like hmf but i have heard they are very loud and some places i ride are sound sensitive