PDA

View Full Version : need help blown fuse?

seanmccullough4
10-12-2011, 08:35 AM
alright i think i blew a fuse

i turn the key on and nothing happens neutral light wont come on and wont turn over. but i can coast sart it fine and when i get it running and let it itdle in neutral the neutral light flickers but doesnt come on. can anybody help me out? and also i didnt have my headlight on for a day or two and think a wire might have been rubbing the frame. could that have shorted and blew a fuse or something. i know nothing about electricals so somebody help me! please

CJM
10-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Look near the battery, there are 2 fuses 15amps iirc. One of them is a spare and the other is the actual fuse. Take them out and look for the bad one.

400's dont like water, everytime I have gotten that fuse area wet it blows the fuse. If you can push start it, likely the fuse is blown.

If the wire was rubbing the frame make sure it isnt anymore and then wrap any suspect areas with electrical tape.

seanmccullough4
10-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Look near the battery, there are 2 fuses 15amps iirc. One of them is a spare and the other is the actual fuse. Take them out and look for the bad one.

400's dont like water, everytime I have gotten that fuse area wet it blows the fuse. If you can push start it, likely the fuse is blown.

If the wire was rubbing the frame make sure it isnt anymore and then wrap any suspect areas with electrical tape.

thnaks so much man fixed it in no time

CJM
10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Your welcome.