PDA

View Full Version : Durhamtown ??

eightysix86
10-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Nate and I want to come down on 11/5. How many usally show up?

Christiansdad
10-12-2011, 04:51 AM
U should come this upcoming weekend...maybe that raptor 125 might show up...pretty big show...atleast 5 or 6 quads in every different class..50s,70s,and 90s-125s

Rich243
10-12-2011, 06:21 AM
They are alternating the morning race between Bomber and the SX track. The race on the 5th is on the SX track. I think Nate would like the Bomber track better.....more like APM, big national track. The SX track is nice also, but smaller and more like Calhoun style track. The next Bomber race (after this Saturday) is on the 19th of November.

The morning race usually has 5 - 10 quads (70 - 90) gated together and the afternoon race on little buck has more. Last race there were 5 - 50s, 7 - 70s, and 5 - 90s but they gated seperately.

Tanner, Andrew, both Bens, Eric and Alex will be at almost all of the races. Ethan and a few othere will be at some of them.

Call me if you have questions (404) 403-4495

Hope to see you anytime you can make it!!!

nastynotchback1
10-12-2011, 06:28 AM
i would expect to see a good number.Atleast 4 in every class this year at any given race.

chunky0071
10-12-2011, 07:50 AM
we will come to a couple of races this winter just to keep riding. Calhoun will be starting there winter series in November.

Rich243
10-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Trai,

Are you and Tanner going to be at the next race? Missed you yesterday. Hope all is well!

nastynotchback1
10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Rich243
Trai,

Are you and Tanner going to be at the next race? Missed you yesterday. Hope all is well!

Should be.Would have been at this one but i have been having seizers and the doctors can't figure out whats wrong with me.I had 3 Friday so i was scared to travel down there.

Rich243
10-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Man, that sucks!!!Hope they figure it out quickly!!! Get better and hope to see you guys soon.

dewutfan
10-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Hey Trai hope your ok hate to hear that man... had a great time meeting you and hope to see you guys soon ...

Rich243
10-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Trai,

Let me know how things are going....you can only miss 2 races for the series. We will come and get you if needed. Let me know.

nastynotchback1
10-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the offer to come get us.Good to know we have friends like that.The doc has me on some meds now that are suppose to straighten me out.I will let yall know how it goes.We will be at the rest of the races unless something extreme happens.

Christiansdad
10-18-2011, 07:58 PM
you have the cvt fever...you stopped and added how much you spent on tanners beast to stay alive..lol..same here.. i aint but a hour from yall..i thought yall just raced that morning on the bomber instead of the little buck..had a new person show up for the 70 class..really nice trx 90. and from what he said they will be a new 50 next weekend show up(cobra)...the kxf 50 his son raced just wasnt fast enofe..lol

nastynotchback1
10-19-2011, 08:50 AM
The TRX was probably the guy we been racing with down in Calhoun.It's a bad little ride built by Hetricks.We are going to race both series i guess.Was planning on just racing the morning but Tanner loves the little buck so i guess i will let him race it also.We plan on racing Calhoun some more also.Gonna try to come down some time over the next 2 weekends and let him practice.I just installed some Motowoz shocks and i got to get them set-up for him.

Christiansdad
10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Its a different kid..the quad looked similar to the one in calhoun but not as fast.. but the guy did say he was coming back with a built motor if his kid was ready for it...lol..had a great time other than the quads running last instead of first

edwardsp&b
10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Trai,
I hate to hear that about your health. I hope you can get that straight. Our family will keep you in our prayers.

When did the racing finally end Sat. night? Im sure it was a long, long night.

I can tell you this, the Bomber track was in great shape (after practice) for the motos. I wish more kids would join in and race on that track, its as good or better than most Nat. tracks.
Bryan

chunky0071
10-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey Bryan give me a call man 770-712-5181.
Chuck.

chunky0071
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Hope they get you control Trai. Let us know if there is any thing I can help with.

Rich243
10-19-2011, 02:11 PM
The kid on the Honda is Colby, he was the one on the LEM at a few se quad races. Nate, the Honda from calhoun will be here for the next race on 11/5. We got done about 9 Saturday I think. Little buck was also in great shape.

nastynotchback1
10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks to everyone.Good to know i got friends out there all over the place.

Rich243
10-19-2011, 05:00 PM
We are doing both series also. Probably dropping the dirtbike on Bomber though.....5 laps (6miles) on the dirtbike for 2 motos along with practice on both and the quad motos is causing him to get arm pump during the quad race. Doing both on Little buck doesn't seem to bother him though. Makes for a long day but alot of fun. Ben, Barrett, Eric & Alex are also there for both races.

Christiansdad
10-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Thats him..his dad is a trip...glad he had that welder or we would have been in trouble..That does put it out for a long day..we may try the bomber this go around and probally stay the night up there in one of the rental campers or cabins

eightysix86
11-07-2011, 03:53 AM
This place is awesome!! where eles you going a race two in the same day? Nate and I had agreat time! camped ,raced,WON,camped and was with good people!(including the DRUNKS next to us camping) there was some good racing there this weekend. all the kids done great ,proud of all of them!!! Thanks guys, Rob

Rich243
11-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Looking forward to your next trip down. Andrew had a blast. Come back soon!!!

Christiansdad
11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Yea that was some great racing out the..I think nate had his hands full...Those two quads are matched up..maybe some more will show up soon..i checked out the race calander and its different from last years...no 2 month break:(

nastynotchback1
11-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Glad yall came down.Hope to get up yalls way to race an indoor with ya or maybe 2

eightysix86
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
you say nate had his hands full!! i think he done damn good against a 150!!!

nastynotchback1
11-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by eightysix86
you say nate had his hands full!! i think he done damn good against a 150!!!

YOU RIGHT ABOUT THAT AND A BUILT BUILT 150.HIS DAD HAD A TIME KICKING THAT MOTOR OVER AT THE GATE.

Christiansdad
11-09-2011, 07:07 AM
i thought they were both 124's...well nate still gave him a run...if my kid was in that class and I knew for a fact it was...i would put up the money, but I hope this don't keep Yall from coming down again.

edwardsp&b
11-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Put up money for what?.......I know you wouldnt consider protesting a local at durhamtown? It is for fun, if they were running heads up for alot of money I could possibly see it, but a local. A 5 dollar trophy at a local is not worth protest money plus time and aggravation. Just my opinion though.....

BTW who was there with a 150? I know it wasnt West on that jb, they were in bama racing.

Bryan

nastynotchback1
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Put up money for what?.......I know you wouldnt consider protesting a local at durhamtown? It is for fun, if they were running heads up for alot of money I could possibly see it, but a local. A 5 dollar trophy at a local is not worth protest money plus time and aggravation. Just my opinion though.....

BTW who was there with a 150? I know it wasnt West on that jb, they were in bama racing.

Bryan

I don't know the guy but i think he is from up my way.

edwardsp&b
11-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Thats good to hear! We need all the new (or old) riders in this sport to show up and support atv racing. Power is in numbers, if we could ever get our numbers up more, you will see more sponsors step up. Like the crappy 2 wheel guys!
Bryan

eightysix86
11-10-2011, 02:39 AM
I didnt have a problem with it,we was there to have Fun and there happen to be a race,so we had fun and raced!!
We will be back down Jan. 14 as long as the weathers good!!

chunky0071
11-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Bet I know some one that DID!

nastynotchback1
11-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by chunky0071
Bet I know some one that DID!

Who would that be??????/

I got to say this.Anyone that says it's just a local race let it go is crazy.To use locals who race there all the time this is what we can afford to do and cheating there is the same as cheating at the nat's.You would protest someone cheating there or would you not?

edwardsp&b
11-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Maybe I am a little crazy......thats not the first time ive been accused of that.

I wouldn't protest at durhamtown, we have been racing there for 5 or 6 years and ive never seen a protest. I wouldn't think durhamtown would know what to do if you did protest.

To me dtown is a place to learn how to race and have fun, when they start having a cash purse to the winner maybe ill get concerned. The funny part is the kids just want to have fun, its the parents that act retarded.

Im not bashing the local riders, im just saying its not worth it to me. To each their own I reckon.....
Bryan

nastynotchback1
11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Maybe I am a little crazy......thats not the first time ive been accused of that.

I wouldn't protest at durhamtown, we have been racing there for 5 or 6 years and ive never seen a protest. I wouldn't think durhamtown would know what to do if you did protest.

To me dtown is a place to learn how to race and have fun, when they start having a cash purse to the winner maybe ill get concerned. The funny part is the kids just want to have fun, its the parents that act retarded.

Im not bashing the local riders, im just saying its not worth it to me. To each their own I reckon.....
Bryan

I know what your saying but to some this is the only place they will ever be able to race at or can afford to race at so they want every one to be on a level playing field.

I ask this because i don't know,Do they pay out cash at the nat's?

I really don't care much about the guy riding illegal because i feel good that our bike is fast enough to beat him anyway but if he is it's not fair to the other kids.Hard to deal with a situation like this when it's kids.

Christiansdad
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
i have to agree with that..whats the purpose of spending 2-5 grand on a motor plus other $hit when up can get a $600 ebay motor and dogg out the other kids...the $ daddy puts out + the trophey= the kids pride and a smile...yea the atvs are all about the money and rider experience....if my kids loses i want him to know it was fair and he sucks...lol..but not really.

edwardsp&b
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I understand what you guys are saying......Our family looks at durhamtown a little different than others. We view it as a place to start to learn how to race. After the basics of racing are down, we try newer and bigger tracks to get better and faster.

On the protesting thing, I just dont want to see a pissing contest over atvs at a local when we dont have but 7 to 10 riders there every race and the dirtbike's have 200. If we start *****ing and moaning over every thing, it will just get worse. Lauren at Dtown, is the one that sticks up for us, I wouldnt want to piss in her cornflakes if you know what I mean.

BTW I know alot of you wont know who Im talking about, but the kid on the 150 at the last race was the same kid that used to race Sequads races at Bremen on the littlest piece of crap LEM ive ever seen. We used to feel bad for him having to race that little turd, so its good to see him jumping to something else that has 4 wheels and not 2. I really dont care what he's riding, just as long as its an Atv. We need all the numbers we can get!

And no Trai, Nat's dont pay anything. I think there wallet only works one way.....IN!

Bryan
Bryan

chunky0071
11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree with ya Bryan but respect for other racers and the rules needs to start at the local level if not what do you think will start happening at the NATS!

nastynotchback1
11-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Some good points here all around

Anyway see all yall sat.

chunky0071
11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Best of luck to all Sat. Hopefully we can get Tanner's up and running and ready after the first!

FISH ON!
11-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Hope to be joining ya'll this weekend. We have a bunch of testing we plan to do on the GNCC quad and if we don't break it before the 4pm race, I told Zach I'd let him run with his old buds. We broke the coil mount on the shifter and can't get it ready before Saturday. Hope to see a full gate!

Bryan........ here's a flash from the past. Zach trying to catch Ben. Do you remember when our crazy boys gave us a heart attack when they went three wide on the jump? I was trying to find that PIC.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Apex%20PICs/IMG_0303.jpg

nastynotchback1
11-18-2011, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
Hope to be joining ya'll this weekend. We have a bunch of testing we plan to do on the GNCC quad and if we don't break it before the 4pm race, I told Zach I'd let him run with his old buds. We broke the coil mount on the shifter and can't get it ready before Saturday. Hope to see a full gate!

Bryan........ here's a flash from the past. Zach trying to catch Ben. Do you remember when our crazy boys gave us a heart attack when they went three wide on the jump? I was trying to find that PIC.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Apex%20PICs/IMG_0303.jpg

Yall should run the morning race on the bomber this sat.

edwardsp&b
11-18-2011, 06:40 AM
I dont think we will make it. We'll be taking in a Disney on Ice show Sat. night, so racing looks like a no go. Im just now building the Drr and will have it done this weekend. Yall be careful and have fun.

Todd, yeah man those were the days.......I wish we could go back to that again. I think I have that pic of them going 3 wide around that kid that night. If I do i'll post it up.

Bryan

Bens Dad
11-18-2011, 06:52 AM
I hate it, but we will not be there this weekend either! Ben made allstars on soccor and we are going to dublin, Ga for a playoff. Hope everyone has fun, hate we are going to mis seeing Zack, Todd and Family, its been a while!

Rich243
11-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Andrew is still sick so we will also miss the race tomorrow. He is not happy about it but it is way to cold to have him riding all day when he is sick.

Since the next series race is not for a month, we are going to redo the tranny and ring / wrist pin bearing during the break.

Hope to see everybody at the next race or maybe before for a ride / practice day on the 10th.

Have fun and be safe.

FISH ON!
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Dang, zack is very disappointed that so many of you won't be able to make it. maybe next time

So, who is going?

I hope everybody has a great holiday season if we don't happen to catch up with you at DP.

Rich243
11-20-2011, 06:52 AM
OK....who showed up and how did everyone do??? We hated missing but Andrew felt so bad he didn't even complain about missing the race. I didn't think that was even possible......