View Full Version : Random F.I Light fixed itself?

Jim417mx
10-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Heres the deal.. I built my race bike with fresh motor , fresh fuel system, fresh wiring harness etc last winter. I have been racing every weekend this year finishing awesome in A class and running great. This past saturday i lined up for practice.. Hit 2 jumps.. And the FI light came on and started bogging after half throttle. I turned the key off , started it back up and revved fine with no check engine lighy but the second i put it in gear and started moving the FI light came on and it bogged again. This repeated 5 times then randomly fixed itself and i raced two A class motos and it ran perfect. Im missing some confidence on the track due to this.. Maybe dirt in the injector or a sensor?!

redneckracer212
10-15-2011, 05:02 PM
you might want to check your regulator. mine was bad and it was kinda doing the same thing. mine would idle fine in neautral, but put it in gear and i could get it moving with light throttle pressure, but give is alot of gas and it would just bog down and sputter.

nkillian9
10-17-2011, 11:19 PM
this is kinda crazy and im the only one that has had this problem and dont know how it happened but mine was doing the same thing, i was washing it one day and noticed the neutral switch near the shift lever had burnt up wires, cut my harness open and it was a graound wire that had burnt up, cut the wire out and replaced it and never had the problem again, still dont know what caused it, but it happened shortly after tearing it down to replace third gear