View Full Version : Apple Customer Service

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I just wanted to inform everyone of my experience with my iPhone problem.

A+ Customer service from Apple.

I bought my iPhone 4 refurbished on the 22nd of last month and have always had a problem with signal. I owned a 3GS before and never had a problem, and knew for the most part what kind of signal I got where. I was constantly dropping calls everywhere, failing to send texts, conversations that didn't drop were constantly cutting out, etc. Overall just terrible signal. So I took it to the AT&T store and they just referred me to the Apple store without doing much. I got to the nearest Apple store and told them my problem. They had a tech guy come out and run a few diagnostic type things on my phone. Well he showed that it was dropping calls and apps were crashing with the diagnostic he ran on it. After this he pulled out a BRAND NEW phone and simply asked if I needed anything off my old one. I told him no, but I bought the phone refurbished. He then said they treat the refurbs just like a brand new phone so it doesn't matter much. He popped my SIM card out and put it in the NEW iPhone 4, then said if I had a problem with this one come back. That was it, no questionnaire I had to fill out, nothing.

I will never buy a non-Apple phone as long as they exist, and that just further pushed me to spend a little extra money and buy the Mac I've been debating about.

A+ Customer service from Apple.

XCRacer236
10-11-2011, 10:14 AM
you sir got a diamond in the rough.

Scro
10-11-2011, 10:31 AM
That's usually Apple's policy, and it really makes sense if you think about it. Instead making you wait on your phone to be fixed, they just give you someone elses that they've refurbished to show room quality. They will take yours, and send it down the line to someone else. No lag time, and keeps everyone happy.

I had the same experience with my Itouch.

jigg14
10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
You can't go wrong with any Apple product! I've had an iPhone since th 3G and I've always bought the latest one released and will never go back. I also have a MacBook Pro and I will never own any other computher other than a Mac! Its alot of money up front, but they last forever!

sexysilverado45
10-11-2011, 11:01 AM
DROID ftw HTC incredible user here with no problems for almost 2years. Can you tether internet for free? And play xbox live with it? 10 times the amount of customization.

DROID does.

Anywho sounds like they did help you out though in a quick fashion.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
DROID ftw HTC incredible user here with no problems for almost 2years. Can you tether internet for free? And play xbox live with it? 10 times the amount of customization.

DROID does.

Anywho sounds like they did help you out though in a quick fashion.

I tether mine all the time. Jailbroken iPhone > Droid. :D

sexysilverado45
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Rooted android > iphone as if android wasnt already great.

HondaPohl
10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Well when I bought the first Iphone when it came out, I had nothin but problems and those fags at the apple store didnt help me with chit besides wanting to sell me a new phone. So back in the day at least they sucked. However I continued to purchase apple products.

chucked
10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
About a year ago my iphone 3G started having problems, took it to the apple store and, with some persuasive speaking, got a new iphone 4 for $99

coryatver
10-11-2011, 06:32 PM
the initial price is so high they can give you 3 phones and still be making money off you

chucked
10-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think so. If you buy an iphone 4 for $100 or whatever they sell for now when you sign a contract, you can take it and sell it on ebay for $400+ They discount the price if you sign a contract, then they make it up in the monthly payment.

rf928
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I forget the amount, but it costs apple like $28.76 to make an iPhone 4. Without a contract, it sells for $600. I am very good friends with some people high up in apple.

I have a 8 year old iMac, and they give me customer support to this day.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah but you have to think you're also paying for the research and development as well. Although I'm sure they still have a fat markup even with that, I see why they do.

TheLane
10-12-2011, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Yeah but you have to think you're also paying for the research and development as well. Although I'm sure they still have a fat markup even with that, I see why they do.

yessir!!!! a lot more goes into cost of production than just parts.

IE - how much do you think it actually "Costs" honda to make an 450r if your only county assembly line and parts?
probably close to nothing, but someone had to figure out how to make it and put it all together. thats what you pay for

ben300
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
yessir!!!! a lot more goes into cost of production than just parts.

IE - how much do you think it actually "Costs" honda to make an 450r if your only county assembly line and parts?
probably close to nothing, but someone had to figure out how to make it and put it all together. thats what you pay for

studies have shown that engineering, design, and research is only about 8% of the total cost of manufacturing a part or product...the cost of material from other companies and suppliers, along with the costs of fabrication/maching and assembly are what really drive the price of something up....also, with companies like apple, they have a tremendously large marketing schemes in order to sell products. that costs those companies a ton. this is why things cost so much like an ipod, or a car, or a an atv, etc......not to mention, those said companies have to make a profit, so they adjust their price above over head...

with that said...i work for the leading underground mining machinery company, and the product that my engineering group designs/engineers costs anywhere between $3.5-5.5 million, depending on what a minning company wants customized with the machine....and i can flat out garrantee that there isnt $2-3 million in engineering and design costs on these machines...heck there isnt even $1 million in design costs....maybe for the first model ever of an entire product line, but after that...its all maching, fabrication, production, assembly, advertising

ben300
10-12-2011, 08:39 AM
and if you really think your paying tha tmuch for engineering, then i can also garrantee that engineers dont recieve their fair share of profits then!

jigg14
10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
Rooted android > iphone as if android wasnt already great.

You and only a hand full of others are the only Droid users that are actually ahppy with them. I'd say about 70% of them HATE droids. They use Droids at my previous jobs (approx 200 employes) and just about everyone complains about them, and before you say they don't know the true abilities of the Droid, about 10 of the Droids are in the IT department (where I worked) and most of them preferred their personal smart phones (which were all iPhones)

ProspectorJim
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by jigg14
You and only a hand full of others are the only Droid users that are actually ahppy with them. I'd say about 70% of them HATE droids. They use Droids at my previous jobs (approx 200 employes) and just about everyone complains about them, and before you say they don't know the true abilities of the Droid, about 10 of the Droids are in the IT department (where I worked) and most of them preferred their personal smart phones (which were all iPhones)

there are several different kinds of phones using the android operating system. Some are turds, some are wonderful.I'd like to know what kind of phones they used at your previous jobs

I will admit the droid os is a bit harder to navigate than the iOS and isn't as smooth, especially the earlier versions. The newest version of android though is just as good as iOS in my opinion, but i'm used to using android now. I still have the OG motorola droid and I'll admit its kind of a pos. It can take a lot of abuse though.

XCRacer236
10-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Which phone's were they...? :rolleyes:

jigg14
10-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
there are several different kinds of phones using the android operating system. Some are turds, some are wonderful.I'd like to know what kind of phones they used at your previous jobs

I will admit the droid os is a bit harder to navigate than the iOS and isn't as smooth, especially the earlier versions. The newest version of android though is just as good as iOS in my opinion, but i'm used to using android now. I still have the OG motorola droid and I'll admit its kind of a pos. It can take a lot of abuse though.

Droid 1, 2, X, and X2

The Droid 1 is straight up garbage, Droid 2 isn't much better.

ProspectorJim
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Droid 1, 2, X, and X2

The Droid 1 is straight up garbage, Droid 2 isn't much better.

well i have to say that they're probably complaining because they spend most of their time on their personal phones dealing with the very simplistic iOS interface. I'll admit its a better platform for people that won't ever get into the deeper features of the phone.

wykyd450R
10-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I have had an HTC incredible, an iphone 3 gs and currently have the iphone 4. I'd take the 3gs anyday over the droid....The iphone 4 is even better yet.

XCRacer236
10-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Amazes me how many people are fascinated by shiny plastic chrome, an idiot-proof OS that does nothing, and a bunch of 5 year old kiddie games..

JForestZ34
10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I do like apple products.. I have a 2 ipad 2's.. One for me and the wife, and 2 ipod touches. Those are for the kids.. Also a Macbook Pro...

I did have the older iphone 3G when it came out.. Used that phone for 2 yrs and loved it.. I went to BB because back then Apple didn't supply the phone with MMS and other small feature's that phones had for years..

Used my BB for almost 2 yrs and went to the Apple store and picked up and Iphone 4 to give it a try.. It is a very nice phone but I couldn't get used to it.. I used it for 2 weeks and returned it and went back to my BB for now..

The problem I have with apple is they are way to constrictive on what you can do and what you can put on your phone.. Android lets you almost do anything you want.. A lot more options you can choose from..

Features that apple are coming out with now other phones have had for years.. I know they are trying to perfect it but IMO they are falling behind a little.. Motorola is coming out with the Atrix 2 in the next couple of days.. That phone with have better specs than the new Iphone 4S and new phones are coming out with better specs every month.. Apple is successful because of their software, and that's it.. It's just easy to use.....

This time around I'm going to give the New Samsung Galaxy S II a go and see if I like it..

James

ben300
10-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
I do like apple products.. I have a 2 ipad 2's.. One for me and the wife, and 2 ipod touches. Those are for the kids.. Also a Macbook Pro...

I did have the older iphone 3G when it came out.. Used that phone for 2 yrs and loved it.. I went to BB because back then Apple didn't supply the phone with MMS and other small feature's that phones had for years..

Used my BB for almost 2 yrs and went to the Apple store and picked up and Iphone 4 to give it a try.. It is a very nice phone but I couldn't get used to it.. I used it for 2 weeks and returned it and went back to my BB for now..

The problem I have with apple is they are way to constrictive on what you can do and what you can put on your phone.. Android lets you almost do anything you want.. A lot more options you can choose from..

Features that apple are coming out with now other phones have had for years.. I know they are trying to perfect it but IMO they are falling behind a little.. Motorola is coming out with the Atrix 2 in the next couple of days.. That phone with have better specs than the new Iphone 4S and new phones are coming out with better specs every month.. Apple is successful because of their software, and that's it.. It's just easy to use.....

This time around I'm going to give the New Samsung Galaxy S II a go and see if I like it..

James

apple is successful because of the ipod...plain and simple...

XCRacer236
10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34

James

Very true.

I was looking at getting the new iPhone... until it came out. Now I am awaiting the Nexus Prime.