PDA

View Full Version : Malossi 50cc Cyl. Identification/Info request?

Doug10
10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I found this cylinder in a box of stuff I got and would like to throw it on the engine next time i tear it down. The box had 33-8510 on it for part number but i cant find anything on it online unless malossi changed the part #. It looks to be all alumn. and have a nickel-silicon carbide facing in the cylinder lining. (thats what the old box says) It has been ran very very little, no wear in the cylinder, but i do want to get a new piston and ring. I talked to Gary today and he might have the ring (single ring, 1mm) for it but who or where would have a piston? I know its 10mm Pin, 40mm bored. Heres pics of it compared to a stock cylinder i found. Has any ran this cylinder before? Should I leave it alone and use it during the tear down/rebuild? It has 9 ports inside, 6 intake and 3 exhaust. Didnt know if it makes decent power or what.

Thanks

Doug

Doug10
10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Another

Hetrick Racing
10-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Yes that is a good air cyl.
have used many of them.
they need a bit more comp.but work very well
We should have a piston kit for it as well.
make sure you tell Michele the cyl.part #

nastynotchback1
10-11-2011, 07:30 AM
My son's play around bike has that cyl in the 70cc version and it runs very good for a a/c motor.

Doug10
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Rich, i know the head that came with the kit is supposed to be a hi-comp head with the o-ring deal on it. Should we just have the head shaved down a certain amount and run a standard head gasket? Is there much to be gained by having someone do any porting to this cylinder?

Doug

nastynotchback1
10-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Doug10
Rich, i know the head that came with the kit is supposed to be a hi-comp head with the o-ring deal on it. Should we just have the head shaved down a certain amount and run a standard head gasket? Is there much to be gained by having someone do any porting to this cylinder?

Doug

If the 50cc and the 70cc take the same head i think i have a extra head for that cyl

Doug10
10-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I have the head that came with the MHR Cyl kit. The info i found on it said it was 15.8-1 comp.

Hetrick Racing
10-12-2011, 06:55 AM
I always machined the head so I could lower the cyl.(remove base gaskets )to get the comp.I wanted

I would have to measure one again to see if the port timing is good.
I hate to guess but I think that cylinder is 180 and 122 if so yes it can be made somewhat better