PDA

View Full Version : Stock Shock Rebuilders

rescuescrub
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Can anyone recommend companys that revalve and respring stock shocks. Had mine done and are pretty happy with the fronts(triple rate and revalved) But think the rear could be improved(single spring only and revalved) Would be doing mostly XC but would also do a lil of MX. If need be I guess I could send all three. At least they could be double checked. Its for a '08 ltr 450 and I live in FL.Hope this makes sense. Thnxs in advance

09RappySe
10-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Have heard very good things about Wiigstyle.

http://www.wiigstyleracing.com/pages/fork_shock_services.php

bigbad400
10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
gt thunder son! shock gurus. they are the best. flat out the best stock shock re valving and re spring company that exists.

ZBlaster
11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
gt thunder son! shock gurus. they are the best. flat out the best stock shock re valving and re spring company that exists.

My GTT LT-R revalves where by far the worst I've ridden on. Their YFZ/TRX revalves aren't bad (I woulnd't say the best that exists by any means) but the LT-R ones just didn't do it for me.

DeRisi does a good job on the LT-R as well as Nick at Jet.

bigbad400
11-11-2011, 08:27 AM
it all depends on how you want them built. they will keep redoing it untill it is right for you and if they cant get it right they will give your money back. they did my trx shocks 3 times befor i was happy with them. free of charge. pay once and they will keep making adjustments to suit you and your style. your weight, they will do double or tripple rate springs. revalving, lt or standard shocks.... you just have to give proper feedback and explain what you want. perfection comes from testing and adjusting. when its perfect. it is perfect. if you were unhappy with your shocks you should have told them that and they would have corrected it freee of charge if you were the original purchaser.

bigbad400
11-11-2011, 08:30 AM
besides they are your sponsor... of cource youll say that. i dont drink pepsi but if someone payed me to i would. lol i dont race hondas anymore i ride suzukis, but if honda bought me a quad i would. :rolleyes:

ZBlaster
11-11-2011, 05:03 PM
besides they are your sponsor... of cource youll say that. i dont drink pepsi but if someone payed me to i would. lol i dont race hondas anymore i ride suzukis, but if honda bought me a quad i would. :rolleyes:

I haven't raced since 2010, I don't care who sponsored me then I'd rather recommend the better product. I also recommended Jet, not just DeRisi.

My GTT revalves were TERRIBLE. No way around it, and it took forever to get them back because they didn't stock the parts they needed for them. I was without shocks for the better part of a month and a half, when I got them back I had to send them back AGAIN because the compression adjustment on the front right shock was locked down. Got them back 3 weeks later and they where just as bad as stock.

ZBlaster
11-11-2011, 05:05 PM
it all depends on how you want them built. they will keep redoing it untill it is right for you and if they cant get it right they will give your money back. they did my trx shocks 3 times befor i was happy with them. free of charge. pay once and they will keep making adjustments to suit you and your style. your weight, they will do double or tripple rate springs. revalving, lt or standard shocks.... you just have to give proper feedback and explain what you want. perfection comes from testing and adjusting. when its perfect. it is perfect. if you were unhappy with your shocks you should have told them that and they would have corrected it freee of charge if you were the original purchaser.

That's how ANY shock builder should be. You are spending a nice chunk of money on a service, it should be what you want. Funny thing is, they had mine 3 times and they never got them right.

As I stated earlier, the GTT YFZ and TRX rebuilds work great... they just don't have the LT-R figured out yet.