PDA

View Full Version : best walsh rear end for MX Savior or EZ 25:17:17

quadfmx
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Whats the pros n cons of each, by their site the EZ is an improvement on the savior, but i know that doesn't always make it better

I know someone on here has run there

FHKracingZ
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Savior works great. Works better for heavier riders. Bad part about the savior is over square edged holes it kicks.

EZ works amazing all around, only bad part if any is the ground clearance to the linkage.

Cant go wrong with either though! both work amazing!

j4duncanr
10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
you need to do what i did.call walsh let them explain both systems to u.the ez was out but the savior was more to my needs at the time.be honest tell them your skill your plans they left it up to me what i wanted to buy. and i was like 165-170 then.

MX450
10-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Both of the walsh linkages seem to hang pretty low, depending on what kind of tracks you ride the savior can get pretty chewed up, and its expensive to fix. You might want to look at the JB Superlink too, awsome setup and a little more ground clearance. Walsh is still top notch stuff though.

Ex_Rider43
10-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Been running the savior for a few years now. Tried a few rear shocks and PEP is way better than the others I tried.

If you want to keep it running good you take a piece of 1'' wide flat bar , tap a 5/16 hole in the back of the knuckle linkage piece and kinda roll the flatbar around the lower shock mount to protect it from rocks. Its very easy and it will save you from buying a knuckle every year .