PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Gaskets

Stickman400
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Ok, so I managed to get a crazy deal from Big Gun exhaust. I traded them my old, beat up, dented, rusted together, scratched exhaust system for a brand new full system for $400, which is $40 less than what I paid for my old exhaust when I bought it brand new. Anyway I was looking at my head and it looks like my exhaust may have been leaking around the exhaust ports because I was missing the crush gaskets. But I looked at my stock exhaust and they weren't on it, and they weren't on the old exhaust or in the head itself. So did I even have them to begin with? Should I buy new ones for my exhaust when I get it?

CJM
10-10-2011, 01:41 PM
New ones would be good.

Take a pick and try and yank around the area in the head where the gaskets should be-I thought I didnt have any either and low and behold they were so full of carbon they were hidden.

Stickman400
10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Well they deff. arent in the head, because I scrapped at it with a pick and a small screwdriver and it didnt catch anything, or show anything. So they were either stuck to the old exhaust(which I highly doubt), or they fell out when I replaced the stocker a LONG time ago and they never got back in. Either way I guess Ill buy a new pair.