PDA

View Full Version : More issues...

NMills
10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Ok... well... new carrier... new chain... and i'm kinda at a loss....

i think i did 94 links... finally got the chain together... but i noticed my chain was quite loose.... so i spun my carrier... thing was... that i had turned it soo far that my adjustment hole is now next to my skid plate so that further adjustment will probably require me to remove the skid plate... did i install something wrong??? does anyone have any advice????

DnB_racing
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by NMills
Ok... well... new carrier... new chain... and i'm kinda at a loss....

i think i did 94 links... finally got the chain together... but i noticed my chain was quite loose.... so i spun my carrier... thing was... that i had turned it soo far that my adjustment hole is now next to my skid plate so that further adjustment will probably require me to remove the skid plate... did i install something wrong??? does anyone have any advice???? are you sure about the link count?
what would happen with one less link? would the chain be too tight?

NMills
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
are you sure about the link count?
what would happen with one less link? would the chain be too tight?

did the one less link... could not get the links to get close enough to link em.. kinda seems like it's between links... sounds odd...

Stickman400
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Well if you turned your carrier all the way back to the top and it still wouldnt fit with 92 then Id say buy a half-link. They arent the strongest or most reliable things, but itll get you by until it stretches your chain far enough to were it will work.

DnB_racing
10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
or if you dont like the half link, run your front sprocket one tooth smaller until the chain stretches out enough to use the right size sprocket

CJM
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Drill another hole into the carrier if you can. Its nothing special, just aluminum.