PDA

View Full Version : got the stud out now lean?

01boneless
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
ok so i got the stud out (thats right did not remove the head hahah:blah: ) but anyway i started it up and it started after atleast 200 kicks!!! let it run adjusted the idle and my dad noticed it was popin a bit on decel so ok, then a seconed later he tells me to shut it off and come to the right side of the quad and there was a cherry red header!!!!!! ok i know this indicates lean but it also has a slight exaust leak and the air filter was loose but would those to things cause it to be that lean or do i need to rejet (supposibly jetted though)?

DnB_racing
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
ok so i got the stud out (thats right did not remove the head hahah:blah: ) but anyway i started it up and it started after atleast 200 kicks!!! let it run adjusted the idle and my dad noticed it was popin a bit on decel so ok, then a seconed later he tells me to shut it off and come to the right side of the quad and there was a cherry red header!!!!!! ok i know this indicates lean but it also has a slight exaust leak and the air filter was loose but would those to things cause it to be that lean or do i need to rejet (supposibly jetted though)? good job on getting the stud out!!

as far as jetting ...yes a exhaust leak and loose filter or any change in flow will always affect jetting,sometimes to a dangerously lean condition

definitely fix those items before trying to jet

01boneless
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
^^ thanks my friend 15 years old took his hobart mig wlder and welded a nut on the studs and lock vise grips on them and we turned them out it felt good!!
and ya tomarrow im gonna get a clamp to fix the exaust leak and put the filter on and see if it has any simptoms if it does need rejetted what would you recomend for
nmotion full system
uni filter
no air box lid
?

Pacheco_450r
10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Once you fix the leaks if you are running without a lid try your main with a 185 you might run anywhere from a 180-190 but that's a good starting point. You can even try 190 and if its rich on top then step down to a 185. (These jet #'s are assuming you are running keihin type jets, NOT dynojet) If it's still popping on decel, back out the air crew a half a turn at a time from seated up to 3 full turns. Should be around 2.5 turns out. If it takes more than 3 turns to stop the popping you will have to bump up your pilot the next size and start from scratch with the air screw.

01boneless
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
also if i put the lid on and its better i should go up a main right?

Pacheco_450r
10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
If it runs better after putting the lid back on then you definitely need more fuel (bigger main) but it will probably be more than just one size bigger.

AtvKid4Eva
10-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Good job on getting the stud out!

01boneless
10-10-2011, 07:58 AM
^^^ thanks just got done kicking my guts out and it fired once but it will bump start real easy so i guess the valves need adjusted :D