PDA

View Full Version : How good are Wrist Wresters?

Cole
02-25-2003, 10:11 AM
Houser has these things on their web site. Has anyone heard how well they work? I wonder if this is the best way to cutdown on steering vibration?

02-25-2003, 10:17 AM
they work great but I'd start off with a steering stabilizer and antivibe stem before going with one..:D

Cole
02-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Why?

Cole
02-25-2003, 10:53 AM
Bump on the info.

PhilMoore
02-25-2003, 11:29 AM
I just got one a couple weeks ago. I ran my first race with it sunday, and I think it helps a lot. I did not get any arm pump or sore wrists after.

I run stock a-arms and stock wheels on the front. I suppose if you had wide rims or flipped rims, you might want a stabilizer first. Otherwise, I would say get the wristrester first.

QuadTrix6
02-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Rico
they work great but I'd start off with a steering stabilizer and antivibe stem before going with one..:D

well maybe cause a stabalizer is half the price of a wrist rester...i don;t know how good they really are for the money but stabalizers work wonders

02-25-2003, 12:08 PM
anyone using both??

forum
02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
i have booth but my machine is still being built so i can't help you. But i would say get the stabilizer first forsure.

02-25-2003, 12:16 PM
i agree about steering stabilizers
i have 2 "Mr Muscles" here ;) on 2 of my R's
the best thing about them is they are rebuildable ...
recently i rebuilt 1 of mine ...cause it developed a leaky seal :(
& so far it is doing it's job again :D
I was wondering if anyone has used a stabilizer w/a wrist wrester..

KandK952
02-25-2003, 02:14 PM
steering stablizers and wrist resters are used for 2 different things. a wrist rester moves forward and back, correct? if so than that will just avoid shock and jolt to your hands and wrists through rough stuff and hard landings where a steering stablizer is mainly for bump steer from ruts so your bars dont turn on you when you dont expect it. (or atleast slows them)

02-25-2003, 06:33 PM
yes ,I understand what each part is for ...I am thinking I might want to cover all the bases ..;) "jolt " & "bump steer"
But no one seems to be running both parts
on the same quad..so far

Dave400ex
02-25-2003, 07:44 PM
How much does a Anti-Vibe stem help? I have a Stabilizer and it helped a bunch. I wonder how the Wrist Rester, Stabilizer, and Stem would all be together?

02-25-2003, 07:54 PM
I have the anti vibe laeger stem & steering stabilizer ...so far
I would really like to try the wrist wrester as an addition ..
but I can not decide if I should do this & was hoping someone could tell me more before I get it since there is various opinions about the wrist wrsiter

Dave400ex
02-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Talk to Gabe (86atc250r) he has one on his 400...

KandK952
02-25-2003, 08:07 PM
to tell you the truth, i can hardly tell that i have an anti vibe. mine is a laeger. you only get alike 1/8" of movement. a wrist wrester gives you about 5/8, all together that would be 3/4 of an inch. that would be good i think. i would like to try a wrist wrester too because i had major wrist surgery a few times and i jam my wrist sometimes. i would like to know how they work too.

Cole
02-25-2003, 11:49 PM
The description on the Wrist Rester website compares their product to the steering stabilizer, so they must think that the wrist rester does the same thing as a steering stabilizer.
I dont know.

dhines
02-26-2003, 07:33 AM
I have both a damper and a wristrester. They work very well together.

02-26-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by dhines
I have both a damper and a wristrester. They work very well together.
Cool ..:) are there any drawbacks that you have noticed..?
was the wristwrister hard to get used to ?do the bars move much ?& if they do ...does this feel real strange or bad in any way ?
do you notice substantial improvements?
if so would you describe them thanx

dhines
02-26-2003, 08:39 AM
2-R's,

I've been riding with mine for well over a year now so I can barely remember riding without one. I can remember how nice it felt after my first race with one - it really cut down on arm fatigue. I'm sure if I rode without it now I'd really notice it not being there.

As to downsides, the bars moving so much is a little distracting the first time you ride with one, but you quickly get to where you don't even notice it. On mine there was a little slack between the plastic sleeve and the damping piston that let the bars rattle a little bit. I just took a thin piece of wood and put it behind the plastic piece and that completely cleared it up.

The only other problem that I can see with it is that it may not work with one of the GPR stabilizers. I have been considering purchasing one of those but I'm afraid that the mount would hit the wristrester.

Overall, a great product that I've been very happy with.

Dennis

02-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Dennis, ...thanks for your input here ;) & thanx for replying to the pms about this ...I am closer to ordering one ...now I just gotta find a good deal on it