PDA

View Full Version : Well I think I need some new trail ridin tires...

speedy400
02-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Well I do MX racing and mostly trail riding, and I'd like something with good wear, any prefrences? I was thinking kenda's or Razers..??thanks

Ex'r Marlin
02-25-2003, 11:00 AM
There are soo many possibilities.

One setup I have seen that still works ok for trail riding is:

ITP Holeshot XCR (20") rear tires with ITP MX 20" fronts. The fronts do wear faster than larger front tires, but for MX, I do not think you will want taller tires.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-25-2003, 11:00 AM
I have been selling alot of the kenda klaws. THey are a great tire, and would recommend them. The price is pretty good too:)

QuadTrix6
02-25-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I have been selling alot of the kenda klaws. THey are a great tire, and would recommend them. The price is pretty good too:)

hey colby hows the feedback on the klaw MX's ? i might be getting them next, but im not sure if i should stick with tamers...right now seems like there a lot of kenda hype but so far everyone who says there good has not rode them, anyone have any seat time with these tires ??? thanks

NoWingNoPrayer
02-26-2003, 05:29 PM
well i got the Klaw XCRs and love them!

i dont think you would want 18s if you did mostly trails, but whatever..

they are multi directional but i know the hardpack way dont work in sand very good.

hawiianpwr
02-26-2003, 07:00 PM
the kendas placed first in atv sport mag this month. Second were the holeshots and the old razors in third

speedy400
02-26-2003, 09:01 PM
yeah i read that, sounds like thoughs kendas are the way to go:macho

QuadTrix6
02-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by NoWingNoPrayer
well i got the Klaw XCRs and love them!

i dont think you would want 18s if you did mostly trails, but whatever..

they are multi directional but i know the hardpack way dont work in sand very good.

i was looking into the 18in cause i ride MX :p

Ex'r Marlin
02-27-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
i was looking into the 18in cause i ride MX :p Yeah, but I have seen you on trails!!!:D I won't mention any names, but someone kept getting stuck, 7 times in one day, if I remember right!:eek: