PDA

View Full Version : Bling Star sprocket and rotor guard

jkosakowski
10-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Need some opinions on these and if they are good anyone have a set for sale thanks.

dxcody
10-09-2011, 10:50 AM
My opinion to them is, yes they are good. They are overpriced but they arent bad.

I have always heard not to get the dual sprocket guard though because sticks n such can get caught up and derail your chain very easy, but there are alot of pro's that use the dual and i have never heard any of them complain.

Dont know much about the rotor guard but i am sure they are nice. If you want to know what i think... Get the sprocket guard (single or dual your choice) and cut the stock skid plate and turn it into a rotor guard. Thats what i am going to do for 1 simple reason.

A skidplate doesnt allow anything except the tires to catch if you get stuck, the blingstar sporcket guard has teeth on it to help you ever logs and such.

$0.02

400man
10-10-2011, 07:32 PM
I think the only "bad" thing about the rotor guard is that worse case secenerio--you will bust your axle carrier if you hit something way too hard with the rotor guard. Cause it basically replaces your brake stay and all the impact from hitting stuff goes to your axle carrier where it mounts. This is only what Ive heard about em, not really seen any pics of any kind of damage like that. And i'd say you would have to hit something almost insanely hard to brake it, if you ride and try to avoid high-siding and bottoming out then this piece would work really nice since it offers the most ground clearance and protection of your brake rotor.

dxcody
10-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh also another bad thing i have heard about these is it leaves you linkage exposed to everything that comes your way, but still i would reccomend them. My opinion. :D

400man
10-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
Oh also another bad thing i have heard about these is it leaves you linkage exposed to everything that comes your way, but still i would reccomend them. My opinion. :D

yea that is another issue. I run a GT Thunder XC linkage and mine is fairly beat up on the bottom side of the link, but it hasnt really affected it as far as performance goes. but the link is so beefy that it can take quite a bit of abuse. im not sure how good a stock link would hold up to hitting alot of rocks and stuff, but the GT Thunder link hangs down alot lower than the stock link so it probably wouldnt even be an issue. heres a few pics of mine, I need to take a few newer ones though that show my skid plate setup a little better

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/400exbeadlocks007.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/400exbeadlocks002.jpg

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp255/ky2stroker/400exbeadlocks006.jpg

dxcody
10-10-2011, 11:34 PM
*SORRY FOR THE OFF-TOPIC POST*

400man how do you like those full flights? My quad has them but i havent got to put any time on them yet.. Just wondering what im in for lol

400man
10-11-2011, 08:11 AM
I dont have any complaints about the full flight a-arms. I traded for em and at the time I was just wanting any kind of +2 a-arms. The only thing I would like different is would be the sealed ball joints instead of the heim joints.