PDA

View Full Version : won't stay running

leakyvoodoo
10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
ok i just put rings and a 04-05 450r crab on my 426 thats 13:1. i am running 112 fuel. jetting is 52 poilt and 195 main. motor just spins. with choke on it will run for 3 sec. with choke off cranking the motor over. when i hit the throttle and its like my starter stops? timeing is on. i think vavles are good. dont know i have spark didnt check. but it runs with the choke no so i would think i would. please anything. been thinking and reading for hours.

01boneless
10-08-2011, 09:02 PM
sounds to lean but a 195 main is pretty big imho turn choke off and spray carb cleaner or starting fluid in there and see if it fires

NMills
10-08-2011, 09:27 PM
did you upgrade your cam???? if not.... where is the spring and plunger for the auto decomp???

leakyvoodoo
10-08-2011, 09:44 PM
i installed the spring a plunger. i have a sparks cam it does have that decomp ring. how do i set the decomp when adjusting the vavles. i spun the engine the wrong way. could that be the proublem. i was thinking starter because when i and trying to start it up starter stops when i hit the throttle.and why is that it runs with the choke on for 3sec then dies.

NMills
10-08-2011, 09:57 PM
i was thinking that maybe you misplaced the spring and plunger... that's what my cousin did... it would not start... but sputter on starting fluid... but your problem does make me wonder...

leakyvoodoo
10-08-2011, 10:10 PM
That's why I know it's there. Been there done that. I have also tried to put the 400 carb back on same thing. Thought on this please. Trying some more things in the morin.

leakyvoodoo
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
So I put a new battery in. It starts now. It wil idle for around 2 mins then just stop with alittle squeal. I try to turn it counterclockwise no go it's stuck. So I go clockwise then back and it's like it free up. Start it back up same thing after alittle wile. Should. Take off both side covers and spin the motor intill it stops. Thoughts please