PDA

View Full Version : trail ripper

finsteratv
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
i was thinking about a cool winter project if im able to make some more $$$ s its not looking to bright haha..i was wondering about welding some kind of a small tractor type machine using ATV tires and some sort of blade for the front/ drag for behind it but still keeping it compact. we have a Log Skidder i can use for making trails but it tears alot up and goodluck making any single track for a dirtbike or somthing with it. what would be a good machine to steal drive parts from? a riding lawnmower? it doesnt have to be fast just be able to have some tourqe for pushing a tiny amount of dirt and crashing through brush so i dont scratch my 450 up :D ideas?

HondaRacing83
10-08-2011, 09:49 PM
a compact tractor. im lucy enough my dad has one and lets me use it, i still dont go plowing through **** and scratch it up. i cut everything down with a chainsaw.

finsteratv
10-08-2011, 11:18 PM
my dad usually lets me just use his rubicon so i just chainsaw it then rubicon it while draging some logs. guess i'll keep it that way haha

HondaRacing83
10-09-2011, 12:49 PM
ya, or i just take my dads grizzly and a chainsaw and shovel haha

Tommy Warren
10-09-2011, 04:31 PM
I hve 3 skid steers me and 2 buddies get drunk and make trails with them....they trails are never really straight:p

finsteratv
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I hve 3 skid steers me and 2 buddies get drunk and make trails with them....they trails are never really straight:p hahahaha pro GNCC track builder righ here.