PDA

View Full Version : ATR Polaris RZR Backflip Project: Caleb Moore

QuadR8cer12
10-07-2011, 01:10 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v-cwxD3VC_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its pretty amazing to see. I got to ride with Caleb in the RZR in the pit and it was a hell of a ride!! I will post pics later :)
www.allterrainresearch.net (http://www.allterrainresearch.net)

fastredrider44
10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Pretty sweet except now that rzr is only good for one thing.:o

QuadR8cer12
10-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Caleb uses his RZR to jump the freestyle ramp at shows. He can still drop down the flip rails and jump it normally at shows.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-07-2011, 01:51 PM
What a tease!

fastredrider44
10-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
Caleb uses his RZR to jump the freestyle ramp at shows. He can still drop down the flip rails and jump it normally at shows.

I saw B Shipman films... Is there another ATV movie coming out?:D

QuadR8cer12
10-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Blake will be making another ATV Film! He has already gotten a lot of great footage for it!

sly400ex
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Is it me or is back flipping a dying talent now? No disrespect, but we get it, almost anything can be back-flipped!

Ruby Soho
10-07-2011, 11:38 PM
definitely cool, but how much effort is involved besides a big pair of balls?

QuadR8cer12
10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Its def not easy. Caleb literally has to hit the ramp at exactly the right speed to do this as well as be lined up perfectly with the ramp. If he is off center by two or more inches it causes the rzr to go into a barrel roll which the rzr lands on it's rear end. This means that if Caleb messes up he will fall from 30 ft in the air and take the full impact of the 900 lb rzr crashing to the ground into his spine.

Caleb has flipped atvs, sleds , dirt bikes, and now the rzr. He deserves respect for continuing to push the limits and get as much exposure for atvs that he can. Not a single person in our industry can do the things that he does.

TheLane
10-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Its def not easy. Caleb literally has to hit the ramp at exactly the right speed to do this as well as be lined up perfectly with the ramp. If he is off center by two or more inches it causes the rzr to go into a barrel roll which the rzr lands on it's rear end. This means that if Caleb messes up he will fall from 30 ft in the air and take the full impact of the 900 lb rzr crashing to the ground into his spine.

Caleb has flipped atvs, sleds , dirt bikes, and now the rzr. He deserves respect for continuing to push the limits and get as much exposure for atvs that he can. Not a single person in our industry can do the things that he does.

X2

What about colten? :D

BShipmanFilms
10-08-2011, 09:49 AM
I did my job wrong if some of you guys can't see how nuts it is to do what he's doing, or everyones just hating. I guarantee that 100% of the haters would not hop in that seat with him when he's going down the runway to hit the ramp. It's a different story when you're not behind a keyboard fella's.

Blake

TheLane
10-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BShipmanFilms
I did my job wrong if some of you guys can't see how nuts it is to do what he's doing, or everyones just hating. I guarantee that 100% of the haters would not hop in that seat with him when he's going down the runway to hit the ramp. It's a different story when you're not behind a keyboard fella's.

Blake

x2, but didnt you know, everyone on here can do backflips :P

sexysilverado45
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
The other thing is this used to be a quad site till half the people switched to bikes and have forgotten where they came from and wanna fit in with the bike crowd so the troll it up in here.

Wired
10-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
x2, but didnt you know, everyone on here can do backflips :P

some of us can :blah:

man im bummed out, i thought this would have gotten a way different reaction. when i heard of this idea awhile ago i couldnt wait to see it. dont care if its easy or hard, its definitely ballsy thats for sure! props to the moorski's!

tayyo789
10-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Those two are something else. I'll just leave it at that because I don't know how to describe it adequately

TheLane
10-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
Those two are something else. I'll just leave it at that because I don't know how to describe it adequately

Man crush?

ryan243
10-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Man crush indeed

HondaPohl
10-08-2011, 07:22 PM
I used to back flip my hotwheels cars! Does that count? Its cool to see odd **** being back flipped. When can we see the finish?

tayyo789
10-09-2011, 02:21 AM
More idolize than man crush. Where would we be without them? Same with the Guetter brothers. They're revolutionaries, and I have a huge amount of respect for it.

meankfx
10-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
More idolize than man crush. Where would we be without them? Same with the Guetter brothers. They're revolutionaries, and I have a huge amount of respect for it.

x2 Those guys are my heroes!

Pappy
10-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Plain nutz pure and simple. Major props to anyone who has the jimmies to do anything that could put a hurt on your ***!

Tommy Warren
10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't believe the reward would be worth the risk in this case.... backflipping a quad requires much more skill than this...and the quad looks normal when setup to backflip. if he lands it I'll say "wow cool" nd if he doesn't he'll have a borken back/neck whatever. is there no money in just being a pro freesyler? why do they have to risk their lives over and over...whats the gain here?

Tommy Warren
10-09-2011, 07:24 PM
this is what I predict

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RavPi16b4IQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ryan243
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I don't believe the reward would be worth the risk in this case.... backflipping a quad requires much more skill than this...and the quad looks normal when setup to backflip. if he lands it I'll say "wow cool" nd if he doesn't he'll have a borken back/neck whatever. is there no money in just being a pro freesyler? why do they have to risk their lives over and over...whats the gain here?

When your passion is your job, I think it's less about the money as it is about the love of what you do. If you're in it for the money, you're in it for the wrong reasons. This guy has a passion for pushing the limits and he can say he has lived a dream that many of us have. Mad respect to him!

finsteratv
10-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
When your passion is your job, I think it's less about the money as it is about the love of what you do. If you're in it for the money, you're in it for the wrong reasons. This guy has a passion for pushing the limits and he can say he has lived a dream that many of us have. Mad respect to him! exactly! Its like people not understanding why i work and put alot of money and tim into dirtbikes and 4wheelers, its what i love.

motofreak2772
10-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree. If anything, this is more of an engineering stunt than anything. As mentioned before as long as he goes the right speed and aims correctly he will be successful. I don't really see this stunt as raising the bar on anything. I mean it's cool and all, and I love watching anything this guy does but I feel like they are trying to make it more serious than it is. Why not just show the whole clip?? I don't understand the suspense trying to be created here.
Flipping trucks isn't really a question of skill. Unlike bikes and quads where the rotation is created by the rider, their rotation come from the set up they are using. I don't think anyone has ever doubted being able to flip a side by side. You would just need the right ramp.
Hopefully this will bring more exposure to the sport though. Caleb is starting to pop up everywhere.

Tommy Warren
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772

Hopefully this will bring more exposure to the sport though. Caleb is starting to pop up everywhere.

will it be posotive exposure though? It will end up on the next news report of people wanting to outlaw atv's.

motofreak2772
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
will it be posotive exposure though? It will end up on the next news report of people wanting to outlaw atv's.
Hahaha. There's no stopping them. ATVs will be known as the gateway vehicle to reckless and life endangering driving.

BShipmanFilms
10-09-2011, 11:37 PM
I love forums!! It's a project that the group involved is very passionate about that took a year of extremely tedious planning and it took a few seconds of a know it all to completely discredit the work it took for this to happen.

How is this taking a direction in outlawing atv's?! A stunt to backflip a truck won't make it illegal for me to drive my f250. I think there is a lot of opinions and no theory or facts to back it. Just a lot of yap yap.

I get on bike forums and read a bunch of ridiculous posts that I thought were only on bike forums. Now I start subscribing to this site and its no different.

This industry will die from the negativity of its audience. Then again, it might live if people do things out of spite to prove others wrong.

Just my 2 cents,
Blake

sly400ex
10-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I agree. If anything, this is more of an engineering stunt than anything. As mentioned before as long as he goes the right speed and aims correctly he will be successful. I don't really see this stunt as raising the bar on anything. I mean it's cool and all, and I love watching anything this guy does but I feel like they are trying to make it more serious than it is. Why not just show the whole clip?? I don't understand the suspense trying to be created here.
Flipping trucks isn't really a question of skill. Unlike bikes and quads where the rotation is created by the rider, their rotation come from the set up they are using. I don't think anyone has ever doubted being able to flip a side by side. You would just need the right ramp.

Very well said.

Tommy Warren
10-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by BShipmanFilms
I love forums!! It's a project that the group involved is very passionate about that took a year of extremely tedious planning and it took a few seconds of a know it all to completely discredit the work it took for this to happen.

How is this taking a direction in outlawing atv's?! A stunt to backflip a truck won't make it illegal for me to drive my f250. I think there is a lot of opinions and no theory or facts to back it. Just a lot of yap yap.

I get on bike forums and read a bunch of ridiculous posts that I thought were only on bike forums. Now I start subscribing to this site and its no different.

This industry will die from the negativity of its audience. Then again, it might live if people do things out of spite to prove others wrong.

Just my 2 cents,
Blake

thats nt what I'm saying, what I said is if he doesn't make it (which he probably did or else you wouldn't be hyping it up so much) than it would be perfect footage for news channels to use when talking about how unsafe atv's are. whenever they do a segment on the dangers of atving they go to youtube and gather up as many crash videos as they can and put them on the show. A video of a guy trying to backflip a utv and failing would be perfect footage for them to use. but you don't like negative comments so I'll say good luck to him I hope it works out and he gets some kind of recignition for this......

catch22blaster
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Who cares what all these peeps Say on here they have nothing better to do but say its dumb. How often do u see a rzr do this?? Never. Quads will always have a bad rap in the public view always have an always will just deal with it. Theres always gona be that hillbilly drunk on the trails telling his friends hey watch this, Its just a part of life ppl do dumb things daily. Caleb is a baller an I doubt any of you ppl would even try half the stuff hes done an accomplished even if u ppl on here were paid to even attempt it 9 out of 10 wouldnt. When you love something in life an its what u love to do then do it. Life is to short to worry bout everything. Caleb has been riding Forever an its what hes gona do till its the end. Just like the rest of us. Ppl dnt understand that if we die from this, we died happy doing what we loved to do. Just how I feel about it, Props to Caleb I hope Someday he will make it to Xgames on a quad an show the world its for real if they ever give them a chance

TheLane
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Thats because Tommy rides a raptor. The only risk raptor riders take is hitting a rock in that straight line they go in. :D

QuadR8cer12
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Not even sure if its worth posting this here but oh well...

TheLane
10-10-2011, 12:40 PM

man totally worth it, that is sick as heck. And whomever says that doesnt take skill, go try it yourself.

Ichoptop
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
dont sweat the haters Blake. Its like this everywhere. Just keep riding and shooting flim.

I personally dont like freestyle...its like ballet on a machine but to each their own. If you dont like it....dont watch.
One guy backflipping a UTV wont even make a dent to the ATV haters club. We have enough people riding without helmets with thier 2 year old kids on the tank that do more damage to the reputations.

Robin Hood
10-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Saw this on fb. Absolutely insane. Hope all goes well!

Tommy Warren
10-10-2011, 04:42 PM

looks like the back tires where photoshopped out

300ex_#387
10-10-2011, 06:07 PM
looks like the back tires where photoshopped out

Im sure they are still there.....

As far as being used for news to outlaw ATV's and UTV's. Really? Eh?!? Must be something in the water up there.

Caleb is insane. I give you credit just riding with him. Awesome job.

Tommy Warren
10-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Im sure they are still there.....

As far as being used for news to outlaw ATV's and UTV's. Really? Eh?!? Must be something in the water up there.

Caleb is insane. I give you credit just riding with him. Awesome job.

wow you guys really don't read well do you?

BakerRacing40
10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
there's a lot of butt hurt-ness going on in here.
i think it's bad *** and no i have no intent to try. it takes a pair that requires custom undies to do the freestyle stunts today. that being said, rzr backflip looks like geometry equation plus a big set riding with you... still cool but not the highest skill needed. look at Travis Pastrana's 269ft rally jump, not the most skill challenging but with a big ramp + the right speed + big sack = epic ?
depends on how you look at it, either way i want to see, good luck and keep the innovation coming.

buck440
10-11-2011, 06:49 PM
i think if people had the money to do this stuff it would be pretty common. it's kinda hard for me to be impressed considering how many people would do this if they had the money and support.

yah my spelling sucks, i know. :bandit:

BlasterEaten250
10-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Man I don't know what's with all the people in here. I think it's awesome!

Tommy Warren
10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Man I don't know what's with all the people in here. I think it's awesome!

I think its the fact that you could put a brick on the gas pedal and recieve the same results... but it would be a rush

KingpinsEx
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
When is he taking it to dirt, or has he already? I'm not a UTV fan but this is awesome!

buck440
10-11-2011, 09:40 PM
I think its the fact that you could put a brick on the gas pedal and recieve the same results... but it would be a rush

hey now...the brick has to weigh a precise amount to get the right speed!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheLane
10-11-2011, 10:08 PM
jesus ****ing christ, either think its cool or keep your damn mouth shut and let everyone else enjoy it. This forum has become the most whiney *** place lately.

IE the dirt biker joke thread.

Ease up off the douche baggery.

400grl
10-12-2011, 10:51 AM
It's not just this thread/forum....it's forums all over the place. It seems like in this day and age of social media, people are losing all sense of politeness and social skills are going out the window.

SRH
10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
i have a rzr....i have no desire to backflip it...that takes serious balls....and skill.....your not going to just hop in a rzr or any side by side modified for it or not and flip it....

why dont you guys go to the junk yard buy a $300 car and widen the front out and build a wooden ramp and backflip the car?

you guys need to stop hating on it,...i think you have no idea how hard it hurts if they dont land on wheels , or the timing and throttle control involved

chronicsmoke
10-13-2011, 06:19 AM
I think it's bad ***. Anyone who backflips anything is badass.

Pipeless416
10-13-2011, 11:00 PM
that's nuts! don't let forum members tell you anything different. forums are ALL going down the drain because people can't appreciate anything anymore or they hate what they can't do themselves. don't let it get to you, and just keep doing what you do best..

QuadR8cer12
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
more footage!!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKdD10C7ap0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKdD10C7ap0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

250x_kyle
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
you mean Moore footage. looks pretty sweet.

ryan243
10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Sssiiiiccccckkkkk

TheLane
10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Holy **** so sick

meankfx
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it to dirt.

MX MaNiAc 06
10-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Get your pessimistic crap outta here you miserable CHUMP!!!

Caleb Moore pushing the limits again! Not a surprise to any of us! Can't wait for the new video, Blake! Saw you getting some good footage at Underground MX.