PDA

View Full Version : FMF Exhaust w/ power bomb header for 450R - i heard real good things

quadfmx
10-05-2011, 09:05 PM
im looking for an exhaust
for a built engine:

I was told to seriously look at FMF with the power bomb header, its what walsh runs,

engine has

Walsh ported head to full pro specs
cp piston, either 14-1 or sparks 15-1
02 crf cam or crowler cam, we are still working a few things out

exhausts on lists:
sparks
rossier
DASA
FMF in some configuration
I ran a baldwin tog w/ a baldwin head liked it a while back
im sure there are a few im missing
someone pipe in and give some help

Ruf Racing
10-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Dasa, Rossier are very good. Never owned a FMF.

fultz416ex
10-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I have a fmf on my 04 450r. It has head work, 13-1 piston, hotcam stage 2 cam. it makes good power for the money. I am thinking of going to the 4.1 silencer. I just have the powercore right now. They are pretty loud without the end cap in. Not a bad pipe overall.

mx Eli
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I have a buddy wiht an 06 450r with one of the few titanium power bomb pipe's made for the 06 trx's. he bought a rossier and likes it better

400exrider707
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
You gotta think some of the national boys are limited to what they can run because of sound regulations. The powerbomb and megabomb will reduce noise, so they might NEED to run them.

That said, FMF has been around a long time and makes a quality unit. They're probably not specifically dyno tuned for the max power like the small shops can do, like DASA and Rossier. Those guys focus on a few exhaust systems for the race quads. FMF makes pipes for almost every brand/make atv out there, including 4x4's.

What year bike do you have? It used to be Dasa was the 04/05 pipe and Rossier was the 06+, but they were so close in comparison it really doesn't matter. I ran an Nmotion full on my 05, loved it, but it was LOUD.

Honda5
10-06-2011, 03:24 PM
I got tired of fixing the Dasas same with the sparks, I have a fmf sitting on the shelf and have rossiers on all of my 450s and never had to fix any of them and the power is great. They are a little loud.

scrappy3
10-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I have a FMF factory 4 with the power bomb header That I would sell you. fit's 06 and up. Excellent condition!

Stiles86
10-07-2011, 11:47 PM
i got a brand new in the package factory 4.1 with mega bomb for sale 450. plus shipping

mx Eli
10-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Honda5
I got tired of fixing the Dasas same with the sparks, I have a fmf sitting on the shelf and have rossiers on all of my 450s and never had to fix any of them and the power is great. They are a little loud.

What exactly did you have to fix with sparks and dasa

Honda5
10-08-2011, 08:03 AM
The cores kept rotting out on the dasa and the can cracked on the sparks.

desratt
10-08-2011, 04:33 PM
ran multiple fmf's, ron woods, esr, hmf ,and hrc.. the fmf megabomb, made the most deffinite power difference. I believe fmf has more money in reasearch and developement then the other companies all put together.

mx Eli
10-08-2011, 05:06 PM
If your looking for a fmf, A buddy has a titanium mega bomb header with the 4.1 muffler. one of very few titanium mega bombs. $350 obo

300ex_#387
10-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Honda5
The cores kept rotting out on the dasa and the can cracked on the sparks.

Do you use a pipe plug when you wash your bikes?

mx Eli
10-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I have to sparks pipes on a 06 and 07, both were put on right after they were bought new, nothing has gone wrong with them, one gota huge dent from another quad hitting me. all i did was stick it in the roller roll it out and it was good as new

quadfmx
10-09-2011, 06:07 PM
no disrespect to FMF I had just viewed them as a place that pumped out exhaust for bikes right when the quad was available and was more for the im going to put an exhaust and open airbox and re jet crowd,
again i mean no disrespect to anyone,
but I heard from a national team who runs FMF pipes and again like mentioned before they do have to deal with sound regulations, and I can confirm I had a built 04 Trx 450R and I had a Rossier Exhause and I had run almost every exhaust out back then and it was one of my favorites,
I liked it, the sparks and the Baldwin,
But again I have had good performance from HMF in the past.
But I was considering an MXP, Sparks or maybe a Baldwin or Rossier again I had not made up my mind and still havent and I spoke to a credible engine builder who does the port work on several notable Pro MX Racers and he doesnt make pipes and I wont mention his company b/c it as a conversation between friends and he told me why didnt I consider the FMF and he gave me several people who could run any pipe they wanted for free, who preferred the FMF and he recommend
me to consider them and I would say pushed me into their direction, and he would make no money off the sale of any pipe I choose, so It really made me stop and consider them as a front runner for the new pipe going on my engine.

quadfmx
10-09-2011, 06:28 PM
no disrespect to FMF I had just viewed them as a place that pumped out exhaust for bikes right when the quad was available and was more for the im going to put an exhaust and open airbox and re jet crowd,
again i mean no disrespect to anyone,
but I heard from a national team who runs FMF pipes and again like mentioned before they do have to deal with sound regulations, and I can confirm I had a built 04 Trx 450R and I had a Rossier Exhause and I had run almost every exhaust out back then and it was one of my favorites,
I liked it, the sparks and the Baldwin,
But again I have had good performance from HMF in the past.
But I was considering an MXP, Sparks or maybe a Baldwin or Rossier again I had not made up my mind and still havent and I spoke to a credible engine builder who does the port work on several notable Pro MX Racers and he doesnt make pipes and I wont mention his company b/c it as a