PDA

View Full Version : Looking in to 416

DirtyBirdRacing
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Well Thanks to my A.A.D.S. and to a certain/few members on here. I am now *thinking* about doing a 416 kit With HC stage 2 And I know nothing about motors as some know by now.

-Just wondering if there any good install threds on here on how do it?
-Whats a good price for a kit?
-should I do anything else while I'm doing the 416?
-If i decide I'm not doing it my self and want to ship the motor out is there any good companies to go with for shipping?

01boneless
10-05-2011, 06:44 PM
do it your self buy a wiseco and make sure you do a oversize tank and spal fan and hd head studs and in the sticky is the only motor build thread i know of bro make sure you do 11;1 compression imho :D

DirtyBirdRacing
10-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
do it your self buy a wiseco and make sure you do a oversize tank and spal fan and hd head studs and in the sticky is the only motor build thread i know of bro make sure you do 11;1 compression imho :D

Yeah i was going to go 11:1, And was considering doing the bigger oil tank, and spal fan, The HD studs those a must have for a bore kit?

With the Bigger oil tank you still use your stock oil lines right?

Stickman400
10-05-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm currently doing a 406 with 11:1 and have a SPAL fan but no oversized tank. I bought a Wiseco 11:1 piston, Stage2 HC, '05 CRF450R timing chain with new guides, GT Thunder HD Studs and Cometic MLS top-end gasket kit. I also did a few other little things but that was just because it was some worn parts that needed replaced. That list there was around $480, just for parts. I took my parts to a local shop for the work, and it's gunna be around $400 total for that. BUT, I had them install the studs, bore and hone it, install a heli-coil, install new intake vavles and seals and had them lap the valves and clean the head. So I'd say around $200-$250 for machine work. I'd say you're looking at around $700 or more if you did everything in my list. BUT, that is with me doing ALL the engine assembly and disassembly. If oyu get a service manual you can do it aswell and save MEGA $$$. So that's everything to think over. Have fun!:)

DirtyBirdRacing
10-05-2011, 07:35 PM
um... Do you have to split the case to install the 416? Again sorry im a engine noob

CJM
10-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Figure like this (ebay prices for parts mostly):
-Piston 135
-gaskets 30
-head studs 100
-crf450r timing chain 50
-Bore 75-100

Figure adding on a tensioner and chain guides maybe 150.

Theres more to doing it than everyone thinks. I can do the entire topend myself but its easier with 2 knowledgeable people of course.

A manual is a must, try and find a friend that has an idea how to do it if you dont know how.