PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Help

Doibugu2
02-25-2003, 08:54 AM
All right, the stupid IT guys gave us all new profiles in Windows 2000, so all my settings are gone.

But when I am on the "View New Posts" section I see all the current threads with newest posts. Then when I click on a thread I want to read. Then I will hit the back button. It takes me back to the "View New Posts" but it doesn't refresh anymore.

Before when I would hit the back button, it would automatically refresh so I would always have the most current thread at the top.

Do you understand what I am trying to say?:huh What do I have to change to get it back to the old way so it will refresh automatically. This is a pain.:mad:

JOEX
02-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Try this...
Right click IE desk top icon
click properties
click general tab
click settings
check "every visit to the page"

Maybe?

Joe

02-25-2003, 11:20 AM
F5 refreshes screen,,get used to it....:blah LMFAO

Doibugu2
02-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Joe, I thought you had it, but it still does not work.:mad:

Rico, I'm freking lazy, you know how many times I have to click refresh each day now. Its like 9,876,445,221,333 times. Yes, I counted them all, made little tick marks on post-its:D

Fender Bender
02-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Go to internet options under control panel and under the general tab, and in the middle where it says "temporary internet files" click settings. Then under that you can click "automatically" and it should check the page for updates by itself.

JOEX
02-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Doibugu2,
Did you close IE and reopen? That needs to be done with some setting changes.
Maybe it's Admin controlled:rolleyes:

Joe

Doibugu2
02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
I did close IE, and it still doesn't work. If I delete my Temp IE files then it will refresh.

I don't think its ADMIN controled because when I make the changes, they seem to stick. It such a pain.:mad:

JOEX
02-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Are cookies enabled?
Check security setting default is "medium" I think:
IE Properties
Security tab

Doibugu2
02-25-2003, 12:28 PM
It has to be at medium or lower, otherwise the page won't load properly. I actually may have to recant part of my previous post. It may be partially admin controlled. Somethings will change, others won't. I hate 2000 for work.

Thanks for your help guys, I am just going to have to get my IT guys to give me back my admin rights. My have to buy them lunch or something.

flyin#5
02-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Rico
F5 refreshes screen,,get used to it....:blah LMFAO

yep thats what i do! or to get out of the post just click on open forum or the forum your in instead of using the back button.