PDA

View Full Version : what exaust do you recomend?

thumpinex
02-25-2003, 08:30 AM
what exaust do you guys recomend for a 2003 400 ex? i wanna start racing but i have no mods done yet being that i had just gotten it a month ago.i was thinking dmc , white bros, lrd or something . i would really like to know what u guys think. thanx,:D

trxex
02-25-2003, 08:57 AM
go with the white series e- series.anlong with a high flow air filter.air lid mods ,header welds gind

steve
02-25-2003, 09:35 AM
a buddy of mine put a yosh pipe on , he said it does real well, but he also has a 440 kit so i do not know.

Ex'r Marlin
02-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Well, my 2 cents... Since you just got your atv, I would highly recommend racing it with the stock exhaust. After some races, then you can decide on which modifications you wish to do first to your atv. (ie. tires, kill switch, shocks)

Note: It is not a requirement to have an aftermarket exhaust to race.

I would hate to hear that you bought an aftermarket exhaust that would not complement possible additional engine modifications you may make in the future.

Good luck racing... And welcome to Exriders.com!:)

oynot400
02-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Ex'r Marlin has a point. If you are going to race a stock engine, which there is nothing wrong with that. It is better to do supension and handling mods first. Such as tires, shocks, axle, ect. Then as you get a handle of that then start working on the motor.
I wish I would have done the suspension mods first. Just my thoughts. :)

remlapr
02-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by thumpinex
what exaust do you guys recomend for a 2003 400 ex? i wanna start racing but i have no mods done yet being that i had just gotten it a month ago.i was thinking dmc , white bros, lrd or something . i would really like to know what u guys think. thanx,:D

You will find people on here that like many different pipes. e-series is very popular, also lrd and ct. The most important thing I think everyone would agree on is that you need to add a hi-flow air filter and re-jet at the same time that you add a pipe. Adding a pipe alone will make your bike run very lean.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-25-2003, 10:32 AM
I agree race the bike a few time first. That will let you know were you feel it needs to be improved( motor, suspension, tires etc) you may like the stock power but hate the tires, or the shocks.:D

02-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I agree race the bike a few time first. That will let you know were you feel it needs to be improved( motor, suspension, tires etc) you may like the stock power but hate the tires, or the shocks.:D

Or you might find yourself in my position and replace everything on it...:eek:

thumpinex
02-25-2003, 08:09 PM
hay thanx guys...... now another question.. i took ur info and started to look at tires and decided that i wanted holeshot xcrs for the back and i wanted holeshots for the front(but im not sure which i like for the front .. do u guys think i should stay with the 6ply tires or go for a 4 ply?
:confused:

thumpinex
02-25-2003, 08:16 PM
hay marlin thanx for welcome man ! :p

TeamC&GRacer
02-25-2003, 08:41 PM
LRD ALL THE WAY:D