PDA

View Full Version : the best way to sale a quad

bigbillg
10-04-2011, 08:35 PM
i got an 07 450r xc ready the only thing thats stock is the swing arm and axle everything else is aftermarket with a rebuilt motor with one race on it do a part out or sale it whole not of the best way the motor i went back to all stock but it still has rekluse clutch

01boneless
10-04-2011, 08:39 PM
the best way is to lie and be like" yeaaa tat der quad has a stage 2 cam,anthea 480 kit in that der getup and and over size kibble white valves all treee of dem is oversize!!!!

bigbillg
10-04-2011, 08:54 PM
lol i see alot of that on the craigslist

01boneless
10-04-2011, 08:58 PM
ya lol for sure i dont even mess with craigs anymore ive been screwed so many times :grr:

Kovatch
10-05-2011, 07:35 AM
It seems like you can move a lot more stuff by parting it all out. Say your quad would actually sell for $4000. Resale is next to nothing, but you can sell the parts for a little more than what you'd get for the whole thing. It may take some time and you will have parts left over, but part-outs seem to move the big items quick: motor, axle, a-arms, shocks, etc.

I don't want all the parts laying around so I would rather sell it right away. I'm not all that patient either...

Craigslist is tough, but gets a lot of exposure. Not to say scammers are all over it.

440ex. ehhh!!
10-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Parted out my 440ex. i had been trying to sell it for 5 months with nobody coming close to asking price. around here most are up for 3 grand, i was just trying to get 2000 with no luck.
in 1 month i had sold 1400 in parts. to this day ive got some stuff left andhavent tried selling anything anymore and have gotten 2600. i still have about $300 left in parts.

Baileygunns
10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
Parted out my 440ex. i had been trying to sell it for 5 months with nobody coming close to asking price. around here most are up for 3 grand, i was just trying to get 2000 with no luck.
in 1 month i had sold 1400 in parts. to this day ive got some stuff left andhavent tried selling anything anymore and have gotten 2600. i still have about $300 left in parts.

Have anything good left?? Don't forget I'm building that 400 for Wifey!! lol

bigbillg
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
i was thinking about selling it for around 3500 obo i just really want to get a 450 dirt bike i have 2 400ex's for quads if i still want to race xc still

440ex. ehhh!!
10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Baileygunns
Have anything good left?? Don't forget I'm building that 400 for Wifey!! lol

LOL :P i have steering stem, axle pretty sure...gas tank...lots of little pieces that arent worth much...motor mounts....oh jeez. uhh carb, good seat with no rips or anything...fox racing bars...i think 2 complete front brake assemblies....and stock header w/o heat shield

Scro
10-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Selling as a whole, you get less money but it's all gone. If you part it out, you get more money but you will have extra parts left over that nobody wants. It also takes quite a bit longer. It really just depends on how bad you need the money, and how much time you have.

rollie
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Selling as a whole, you get less money but it's all gone. If you part it out, you get more money but you will have extra parts left over that nobody wants. It also takes quite a bit longer. It really just depends on how bad you need the money, and how much time you have.

yeah dont part it, its so much work packing it all, keeping track, making sure it all gets there, going to the post office everyday, having people PM you 100 times to say ok ive changed my mind, or Pm's asking if you still have items that are marked sold, or if your selling parts in a package because they only work when they are together, and people don't ask, they tell you that they want a specific part, then get mad when you say no, and you have to deal with low ballers

as you can tell i just got done parting my quad out:p

Upside is you make substantially more money.

bigbillg
10-06-2011, 06:59 PM
yeah i think you guys are right i'll sale it and not part it i work too many hours to strip it and sale it a little at a time but who ever buys it is going to get a hell of a deal lol