PDA

View Full Version : Audio Experts? pt. 2

Brauap
10-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Hey guys, let me try this again.

This is the set up that I'd like to have:

Rockford P500.1 Amp (to the subwoofer)*
Rockford _____ Amp (to the door speakers)
Rockford P2 10" Subwoofer
Q-Logic down-firing subwoofer box*
Rockford Punch 6x9 4-way rear door speakers (amped)
Rockfrod Punch 6.5 2 way front door speakers (amped)
Kenwood KVT-516 Flip/Touch Deck

*Already have

I have chose the Rockford P2 10" sub versus others because of the specs it requires. The optimum specifications of the subwoofer matches almost perfectly save for .02 cubic feet. It also fits my amp well.

Colton W.

Brauap
10-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Question #1:

I would like to run a Rockford amp to match the rest of my set-up but I am having trouble picking out the appropiate amp. I know I need a 4-channel amp to power all 4 of my door speakers, but I do not know if I should get the 300W or the 400W amp.

Punch 6.5" speakers (http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=112884&locale=en_US&p_status=)
and
Punch 6x9" speakers (http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=112890&locale=en_US&p_status=)

Kenwood KVT-516 Radio
22 Watts RMS
50 Watts X 4 CH MAX

6.5" Door Speakers:
55 Watts RMS
110 Watts MAX
4-Ohm

6x9" Door Speakers:
75 Watts RMS
150 Watts MAX
4-Ohm

300W Amp:
50 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm
75 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm
150 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm Bridged

400W Amp:
75 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm
100 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm
200 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm Bridged

Any help on a set-up guys? Which amp should I use or should I just run them off of the Kenwood? And ideas and/or suggestions?

Thank You!
Colton W.

Kickstarts-suck
10-04-2011, 08:23 PM
The 6x9s are rated 75rms according to the website and the 400 puts out 75rms x4 at 4ohms

So the 400 would be best from the 2 choices you gave.

Ill leave it at that.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
The 6x9s are rated 75rms according to the website and the 400 puts out 75rms x4 at 4ohms

So the 400 would be best from the 2 choices you gave.

Ill leave it at that.

You're a better man than I am. I quit.

shadd_27
10-05-2011, 01:53 AM
just keep in mind that rockford amps are under rated meaning they push out more than they say so tune it low at first and work your way up slow to avoid blowing any door speakers

Brauap
10-05-2011, 05:03 AM
Thank you, Kickstart-Sucks.

Another question:

Are you able to indiviually tune channels? Reason I ask, if I put 75W to the fronts that are rated at 55RMS and 75W to the rear which that is what they are rated for, wont the fronts seem louder than the rear or am I thinking of this wrongly?

Also, is there a way to run my door speakers at 2 ohm that I am not aware of or are they stuck at 4 ohm?

Brauap
10-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Any help guys? I'd really appreicate it! I should be picking everything up in the next week or two..

ZBlaster
10-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
You're a better man than I am. I quit.

x2. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Brauap
10-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I love how pissed everyone is at me only because I got a nice box 200 dollars off the listed price.

honda250xrider
10-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Its easy, match the ohms and rms up to the amp and speakers. Just about every websites lists these specs on the products.

I would always buy an amp that is at the rated rms of the speakers or better. You can always turn the gain down.

Yes on a 4 channel amp you can control the front and rear channels. You should also be able to do this on your head unit depending on the model you have. Or the crossovers if you have them on your speakers.

Also just because one set of speakers is rated at 55 watts rms and the other at 75 watts rms does not mean the 75 watts rms is going to be louder. The 55 watts may have a higher response at lower watts.

you really need to look at the specs they tell you pretty much everything you need to know.

You really need to go to a car audio forum. You will learn a lot especially about the speakers and how the mainstream isn't that great

ZBlaster
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
I love how pissed everyone is at me only because I got a nice box 200 dollars off the listed price.

LOL We are pissed at every bit of advice you are given you ignore, or ask a buddy or ask a shop and they tell you something so we are suddenly wrong, or you think you find a good deal on something local and scoop it up regardless.

You got a prefab box for about twice what it's worth. Yes it's a good chunk of retail, but retail on a prefab is horse**** anyway. You could have spent the same money and built a box that would fit just as well, and sound MUCH better, and to tailor to any sub you'd like.

Brauap
10-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
LOL We are pissed at every bit of advice you are given you ignore, or ask a buddy or ask a shop and they tell you something so we are suddenly wrong, or you think you find a good deal on something local and scoop it up regardless.

You got a prefab box for about twice what it's worth. Yes it's a good chunk of retail, but retail on a prefab is horse**** anyway. You could have spent the same money and built a box that would fit just as well, and sound MUCH better, and to tailor to any sub you'd like.

What bits of advice have I said you were wrong about? I like to question opinions to 1) make sure I understand 2) to find out from all perspectives why that is so. I appologize if it seemed like I were calling you wrong.

To honda250xrider, I realize mainstream isn't as good as the hyper, but I am getting mainstream for a helluva deal. I just want to make sure I am getting what I need before I give him my money. So does this set-up sound good?

Rockford P400.4 Amp (to the door speakers)

Also, do you think it is worth the work of replacing the stock 4x6 rears with 6x9's?

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Sounds wonderful. Now go blow your money.

Brauap
10-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I will only be 'blowing' 130 dollars.....

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/6489840/images/1256875135103.gif

Zakradu398
10-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Epic fail

muddy400EX
10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
What bits of advice have I said you were wrong about? I like to question opinions to 1) make sure I understand 2) to find out from all perspectives why that is so. I appologize if it seemed like I were calling you wrong.

To honda250xrider, I realize mainstream isn't as good as the hyper, but I am getting mainstream for a helluva deal. I just want to make sure I am getting what I need before I give him my money. So does this set-up sound good?

Rockford P400.4 Amp (to the door speakers)

Also, do you think it is worth the work of replacing the stock 4x6 rears with 6x9's?

if your gonna amp them, then you might as well. 4x6's suck. i hate em