PDA

View Full Version : Trackside Pipe Issue

nastynotchback1
10-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Got this mod with the kx 65 on it.I took the pipe off to install a spacer and the pipe has a small hole and a big crack in it.Is it alright to weld it up or will it affect the power and what type metal is this made out of? thanks

gistmarrs
10-04-2011, 03:00 PM
I have had to weld mine a couple of times. It was really easy to weld and didn't effect the power at all after it was welded. There was a huge effect on the power having a crack in it. Not sure what type of metal it is made out of though.

Marrs

edwardsp&b
10-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I havent had the pleasure of welding on a trackside pipe, but the other pipes Ive welded on had no trouble. Just remember its really thin metal, dont burn through. Trai, you can weld it yourself or bring it to me and Ill weld it. We can even trade out that plus some cash for the front brake system that you have that I need.

I will also require some extra koso intakes too! LOL

Bryan

nastynotchback1
10-04-2011, 06:07 PM
i got a tig i will weld it with.Thanks for the offer.Pm your address to me and i will ship you what i have on the brake parts.If it's what you want you can pay me whatever you think its worth.

lol i sold a koso intake this week so now i only have 5 left i think

edwardsp&b
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Man, I aint in a hurry. Just throw that stuff in a box and Ill get it from you at DP.

Thanks man,
Bryan