PDA

View Full Version : Look like Stewart is riding a KTM for 2012!!!

300ex_#387
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Malcom Stewart that is. He got a ride with JDR J-Star KTM. Sorry if I confused anyone thinking it was James.

scottproquad
10-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Bubba will be with JGR on suzs next yr

300ex_#387
10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by scottproquad
Bubba will be with JGR on suzs next yr

New rumor is JGR is staying with Yamaha. Who knows.

rollie
10-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
New rumor is JGR is staying with Yamaha. Who knows.

James to twotwo:eek2: :eek2: :confused: :confused: :confused: ;) imagine that

patrickj75
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Brayton to Team Honda. Short to the Brooks/McGrath team with factory Honda support.

300ex_#387
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by rollie
James to twotwo:eek2: :eek2: :confused: :confused: :confused: ;) imagine that

Thats another rumor going around also. When Reed had an interview awhile back he said he was working on maybe making a deal that would turn the industry upside down. That could be the deal. I bet a lot has to happen for that to go down though.

GTRider256
10-03-2011, 06:12 PM
I think it would be great reed and Stewart on Hondas but I can't see them 2 getting along for long!

KingpinsEx
10-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I can't see Reed paying Stewarts ridicilous salary.

XCRacer236
10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx

I have been a TwoTwo fan for as long as I can remember.. that said.. I'd lose a lot of respect if Chad did that...

300ex_#387
10-03-2011, 08:01 PM

I could with the amount of money Stewart could bring in with his sponsors.

madskrillz2
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
I have been a TwoTwo fan for as long as I can remember.. that said.. I'd lose a lot of respect if Chad did that...

Why? Supposedly they were becoming friends during SX.

motofreak2772
10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Haha. You will lose respect for a man if he were to put a childish rivalry behind him and make a rather smart business decision?
I'm not saying it's going to happen but these guys are just trying to make money. What ever helps make them more is what they look at, not the opinions of their fans. But with two front runners on the same team it would get pretty tense.

XCRacer236
10-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Yep.

C41Xracer
10-04-2011, 10:06 AM
on stewarts twitter account it says kawi has a new manager, not sure if it means much but is he going back to kawi?

SRH
10-04-2011, 10:46 AM
stewart is bringing those rich *** indians anywhere he goes

if he gets back on a yamaha..i will be very dissappointed....i really think that bike hurt his results

300ex_#387
10-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by C41Xracer
on stewarts twitter account it says kawi has a new manager, not sure if it means much but is he going back to kawi?

No. Mike Fisher did lose that job and they brought in a new team manager.

SRH. They just released an article a couple day ago talking to Stewarts suspension guy last year. It may not have been the bike but what they were trying to do with his suspension was actually not working well at all. Ill see if I can find the interview.

300ex_#387
10-04-2011, 04:58 PM
http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/09/28/insight-sergio-avanto

Tommy Warren
10-04-2011, 09:41 PM
james stewart will be on a suzuki next year.....

10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I just hope js7 doesnt switch over to the truck racing scene completely

300ex_#387
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
james stewart will be on a suzuki next year.....

Maybe. I don't think it will be JGR though.

Gapper
10-07-2011, 09:11 PM
if he gets back on a yamaha..i will be very dissappointed....i really think that bike hurt his results

Really?

I think JS7 sort of hurt JS7's results. Unless he couldn't get the bike dialed in to the point where he was uncomfortable on it, but he did show some wicked speed on it this year without any real mechanical failures IIRC. Unlike Dungey's Suzuki this past outdoor season. :rolleyes:

Reed did say he is desperately looking for sponsors, as he has little motivation to continue to foot the bill out of his own bank account for anything long term. Could you imagine?:eek2:

madskrillz2
10-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Gapper
Really?

I think JS7 sort of hurt JS7's results. Unless he couldn't get the bike dialed in to the point where he was uncomfortable on it, but he did show some wicked speed on it this year without any real mechanical failures IIRC. Unlike Dungey's Suzuki this past outdoor season. :rolleyes:

Reed did say he is desperately looking for sponsors, as he has little motivation to continue to foot the bill out of his own bank account for anything long term. Could you imagine?:eek2:

Yeah he wrecked a lot but I think the bike had a lot to do with it. I mean pretty much everyone that has been on the new Yamaha hates it. I've heard it's just really stiff and "rigid". The fact that he showed "wicked speed" doesn't really say anything. Stewart would be fast if you put him out there on a street bike lol. It just really doesn't matter what he's on. If he is on a different bike this year and does just as bad, I'll eat a nice big crow at the end of the season. But I'm willing to bet his results will be a lot better on a different bike.

Gapper
10-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
The fact that he showed "wicked speed" doesn't really say anything. Stewart would be fast if you put him out there on a street bike lol. It just really doesn't matter what he's on.

Haha! Very true:)

TheLane
10-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Gapper
Haha! Very true:)

Here we go again, another james stewart 20 page arguement thread.:rolleyes:

madskrillz2
10-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by TheLane
Here we go again, another james stewart 20 page arguement thread.:rolleyes:

Why? I'm pretty sure he was just agreeing with me. I think so anyway. There's no denying he's the fastest on 2 wheels period if he doesn't lay it down.

dxcody
10-09-2011, 03:27 AM
According to Chris Borich (i would think he would know since he is also facotry suzuki) Stewart is going yellow!

motofreak2772
10-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I feel bad for Malcolm... Even on an ATV forum, every conversation about him ends with a discussion about his brother haha.
I think the KTM will hold him back though. Hopefully he does well this season and can get a better ride next time.
My guess is James will be on a suzuki. Anything will be better than his Yamaha though. I don't know if it was the stiffness or the geometry but getting the suspension dialed in seemed to be the problem with those bikes. Which probably helped increase his crash rate too lol.

XCRacer236
10-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
According to Chris Borich (i would think he would know since he is also facotry suzuki) Stewart is going yellow!

Borich isn't factory Suzuki.. and one thing has nothing to do with the other.

As motofreak said, its pathetic every thread about SX or MX ends up an argument about Bubba.

BTW, pics of Alessi and Dungey's bikes have already been released...

Gapper
10-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Why? I'm pretty sure he was just agreeing with me. I think so anyway. There's no denying he's the fastest on 2 wheels period if he doesn't lay it down.

Yes, I was agreeing with you.

As motofreak said, its pathetic every thread about SX or MX ends up an argument about Bubba.

I was just saying that I think Jame's all or nothing style kind of bit him this past year, not so much his bike. And this thread was off Malcom and on to James by the second post.

That being said, I look forward to seeing Malcom on the KTM. He had a great 2011 season and it will be great to see what he can do come January!

KingpinsEx
10-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I feel bad for Malcolm... Even on an ATV forum, every conversation about him ends with a discussion about his brother haha.

I would not have even looked at this thread if I thought it was concerning Malcolm.

"As motofreak said, its pathetic every thread about SX or MX ends up an argument about Bubba."

How is it pathetic that this thread ends up talking about Bubba when you consider the title?

FHKracingZ
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM

Dosnt matter, borich is factory yoshi, who has been housing and managing the factory suzuki team since RC left.

XCRacer236
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Dosnt matter, borich is factory yoshi, who has been housing and managing the factory suzuki team since RC left.

LOL. Go tell Borich it doesn't matter if he is factory Suzuki or "Factory" Yoshimura...

FHKracingZ
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL. Go tell Borich it doesn't matter if he is factory Suzuki or "Factory" Yoshimura...
Whats your point? For the past four years factory suzuki was factory yoshimura. They ran both teams out of their facilities. I would consider them the same. Salary, bonuses and a few tangibles are of course difference but his bike has not changed.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't borich just run factory his suzuki/yosh out of his own rig even when receiving full on factory support?

300ex_#387
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I think the KTM will hold him back though. Hopefully he does well this season and can get a better ride next time.
My guess is James will be on a suzuki. Anything will be better than his Yamaha though. I don't know if it was the stiffness or the geometry but getting the suspension dialed in seemed to be the problem with those bikes. Which probably helped increase his crash rate too lol.

I don't see the KTM holding him back at all. This is a great ride for him with a great team. He defenalty didnt take a step back at all. I wouldnt be suprised to see him on the podium on SX.

D Bergstrom
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM

Seems everytime I see an interview with Borich during the televised GNCC races, he is wearing either a Team Suzuki hat or shirt. One way or another, he is getting help from Suzuki. You really think he would wear that stuff if he wasn't gettting anything from them? I agree with FHKracingZ, doesn't matter what the team is, Suzuki or Yoshimura, in the end, the help still starts with Suzuki. I would consider Borich a factory rider.

I race a Honda and Honda gives me nothing, so you won't see a Honda sticker, shirt, or hat anywhere near me at the races. I doubt Borich is wearing Team Suzuki stuff just because he likes the shirts/hats!

Doug

XCRacer236
10-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Salary, bonuses.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't borich just run factory his suzuki/yosh out of his own rig even when receiving full on factory support?

SALARY and RESOURCES are my point.

Unless he bought a Black and Yellow semi with a Suzuki/Makita/Rockstar/Yoshimura wrap and took 4 quads in the trailer, then No, I don't think it was out of his own rig.

Last year he drove a solid white Toter home with NO stickers to the track..

My argument was NEVER whether he is factory or not, anyone with a brain can tell you that. What I am saying is WHO the SUPPORT comes from..!

300ex_#387
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM

It doesn't matter. Its as Factory as you can get with Suzuki right now.

madskrillz2
10-10-2011, 09:58 PM
He looks pretty comfortable on the KTM. Especially considering he's only been on it for a day. Dunno bout those fake dreads though lol
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8X-Lpb74DDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dxcody
10-10-2011, 11:51 PM
ummm...borich dropped yoshi, or yoshi dropped borich
1 of the 2 because he isnt with them this year, but either way he doesnt pay for anything on his quad.

All of this argument because of a simple sentance i stated?

I hope everyone feels better now that we are COMPLETELY off topic and all have new rivalries.

ANYWAYS!

I cant wait for supercross to start again!
:D
Malcom is going to be good in a few years. I dont see him doing much this year, just trying to keep pace with some of the big guys, but
They all change rides about every year.. Heck James stewart may be mack on yami nothings official yet, but i am going with suzuki.

dxcody
10-11-2011, 12:39 AM

no offence
but BTW thanks for trying to correct me and make yourself look like you know what you are talking about, BUTTTTT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwEZTuxu-JE

Skip to 1:38 in the video and you will know exactly what i am talking about. :eek: I went there. Was this 2009? Yes.Is it the same exact ride for 2011? Yep minus the support from yoshi.

Before you try to say "he is still with Yoshi" well just go look at any of the races from 2010, in all his post race, or pre race interviews he says Yoshimura. In any of his 2011 post or pre race interviews does he mention yoshimura? Nope.

Any in 2011 he has had 2 DNF's due to motor problems.. Im thinking he wishes he was still with Yoshi.

*NOW BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST*

XCRacer236
10-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
no offence
but BTW thanks for trying to correct me and make yourself look like you know what you are talking about, BUTTTTT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwEZTuxu-JE

Skip to 1:38 in the video and you will know exactly what i am talking about. :eek: I went there. Was this 2009? Yes.Is it the same exact ride for 2011? Yep minus the support from yoshi.

Before you try to say "he is still with Yoshi" well just go look at any of the races from 2010, in all his post race, or pre race interviews he says Yoshimura. In any of his 2011 post or pre race interviews does he mention yoshimura? Nope.

Any in 2011 he has had 2 DNF's due to motor problems.. Im thinking he wishes he was still with Yoshi.

*NOW BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST*

I am done talking about who he is and isn't sponsored by. You took the time LOOK UP that video, post it on here, then post a paragraph about how I am wrong. It bothered you and you thought about it THAT much to go through all that JUST to prove me "wrong". WOW buddy.. :rolleyes:

dxcody
10-11-2011, 12:23 PM
:D
Just clearing up the false info

ryan243
10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Kids these days...:rolleyes:

motofreak2772
10-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I would not have even looked at this thread if I thought it was concerning Malcolm.

"As motofreak said, its pathetic every thread about SX or MX ends up an argument about Bubba."

How is it pathetic that this thread ends up talking about Bubba when you consider the title?
Well it was already being talked about that Malcolm would be going to ktm so when I read the title you could assume it was about Malcolm. And why do you say you wouldn't even have looked at it if it was about Malcolm? He's a fast kid. And who he is going to be riding for is just as interesting as anyone else.

As for the bike holding him back. I know it all comes down to the rider, but I just don't think the ktm does as well as some of the other bikes. Maybe it's just because of the riders who were on them and Stewart will prove me wrong this year. I still think a different bike would make him faster, and not only that but a better team. I don't know much about this JDR team but obviously the team you have will affect your performance as well.

10-12-2011, 08:36 PM
How about Hetrick switching from kawi to honda.... i wonder why? Im guessing that kawis just arent as good as hondas? What do you guys think?!?!:chinese: People quit acting like 9 year old girls jeez

300ex_#387
10-14-2011, 11:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBYG-b6cRJE

mcwilly
10-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBYG-b6cRJE

Makes it look so effortless. So does this debunk the Suzuki rumors?

FHKracingZ
10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
No, he tested JGR's yamaha for 2 days. Insiders say he will be testing suzuki again all next week.

madskrillz2
10-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I think it's gonna come down to the money. I don't think he would even be considering the Yamaha if JGR wasn't dishing out some serious dough. Hopefully we'll know what he'll be on in the next week. I'm tired of waiting.