PDA

View Full Version : randomly cuts out

IRISH-RACER-14
10-02-2011, 06:36 AM
the 450r randomly cuts out when hot. i could just barely tip the throttle and it could cut out. it hapens everytime im ridding.

DnB_racing
10-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
the 450r randomly cuts out when hot. i could just barely tip the throttle and it could cut out. it hapens everytime im ridding. might need more details for this problem?

does it start back up easy?

good fuel and clean carb?

does it run fine besides this?

any info that might help you narrow it down

IRISH-RACER-14
10-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
might need more details for this problem?

does it start back up easy?

good fuel and clean carb?

does it run fine besides this?

any info that might help you narrow it down

starts back up easily, runs fine, fuel is fresh.

DnB_racing
10-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
starts back up easily, runs fine, fuel is fresh. that's good that it starts easy its more then likely not valves,

is it only related to throttle position, or will it die at any position, might be just a gummed up float needle

IRISH-RACER-14
10-02-2011, 06:53 AM
like i said. i could sit on the quad, just go to rev it and it cuts and makes a weird kind of poop like i stalled it. it even does it when the quads in gear when im slowing down

DnB_racing
10-02-2011, 06:57 AM
sounds carb related...you might want to give your carb a good going over, check all the rubber seals make sure the float isn't hanging up, spray all passages and jets with carb cleaner, and blow out with an air hose

DnB_racing
10-02-2011, 07:00 AM
what size pilot jet do you have, and what do you have the A/F screw set to?

Pappy
10-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Ive found small bits of weed seeds clogging the main jet on MANY a 450R. Drop the bowl carefully to see if anything is floatinga round in there.