PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding front brakes

300ex12345
10-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Have no front brakes on 86 honda 250 fourtrax. Tried bleeding them and I do get fluid to come out at the bleeders, but still cant get any pressure to build up in the handle. Is there a special way to get all of the air out of the lines? I reasd about gravity bleeding, but never really did that. Any specific information would be ghreatly appreciated. You guys rock. Thanks in advance.

400exc
10-02-2011, 07:33 AM
If you want to spend a little money you can purchase a vacuum bleeder. Works great and you can use it on any vehicle from now on as well. When you are bleeding the brakes, does the stream come out of the caliper pretty good? There has to be an air pocket in there somewhere yet. I would bleed them at least 10 more times. If you still can't get any build up, then I would try the vacuum bleeder.

crlt250r
10-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm having the same issue with the rear on my Lt250r. I converted over to a CR250 front caliper, let it bleed by gravity overnight.... I found that it won't bleed if the master is bad :mad:

300ex12345
10-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exc
If you want to spend a little money you can purchase a vacuum bleeder. Works great and you can use it on any vehicle from now on as well. When you are bleeding the brakes, does the stream come out of the caliper pretty good? There has to be an air pocket in there somewhere yet. I would bleed them at least 10 more times. If you still can't get any build up, then I would try the vacuum bleeder.

There is just a small amount of fluid coming from bleeders. Guess because I cant get any pressure built up in the handle. I tried the vice grip trick I read about on here. Clamped it on the brake hose about 2 inches away from the master. Got good pressure at the handle instantly. So I guess I have air somewhere in the line still. Never had this kind of problem before. Guess I'll try the gravity bleed over the weekend. Thanks for all the help with replies guys. Appreciate it much. :)