PDA

View Full Version : swing arm help please!!

blackhawk400
09-30-2011, 10:46 PM
i just got my 400 and its got some work done to it. but one thing i noticed is that it still has the stock swing arm. ive been doing research and everyone is saying to get rid of it. now where do i start?? can you guys give me some opionions as to what brand/model would be best for trail riding and possibly some mx. without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money. i really appreciate the help

CJM
09-30-2011, 10:53 PM
+1.25 inch swingarm. Many different makes, usually at least 450+ dollars. I happen to like http://www.ace-fabrication.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:swingarms&catid=37:products&Itemid=34

You could also:
-leave it alone, unless you race its not truly needed
-Grab a 06 450r swingarm, you can use your EX carrier and axle and brake setup iirc (or is the 450r set up I forget Im sorry to say). May have to shim the sprocket 1/8 over tho, but the entire setup is like 1/8 the price of the aftermarket swingers.

01boneless
10-01-2011, 09:03 AM
ya idk why they say get ride of it :confused: alot of people still run stock mainly cause there so d*** high but a 450r like cjm said would be cheaper and give you a little extetion

supertrooper90
10-01-2011, 10:07 AM
I wouldnt replace it till it breaks.... Ive been riding mine pretty hard the last few years and its fine. Ive seen people break, but ussually from casing big jumps and really abusing it.... I race harescrambles and practice mx tracks about 10-15 times a year. The only prob;em ive ever had was due to frame side bearing failure.

400exrip
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
If you want a cheap swingarm the cheapest I know of is an Ace Fabrication Swingarm.