View Full Version : Fan Wiring

Trey27
09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I recently bought a race ready 2006 TRX 450r kickstart and I bought a fan to keep the engine cool since it didn't come with one. Well I went to wire it up and I looked under the hood and the guy had cut just about every wire that wasn't needed for the bike to run and im having trouble finding a hot wire. I have a tester but all the wires that ive tested dont seem to have enough power to run the fan. Does anyone know of the wire's that come out of the crank and which one I could tie the fan into to have it run constantly when the bike is running? I'm not too good at reading wire harness diagrams so the color of the wire and if it's big are small will be about the only thing I can find. Also I called a dealership and ive already tried running the fan back into its original green wire but it didn't work he must of cut it somewhere up the harness.

Trey27
09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
This is what it looks like under the hood

AtvKid4Eva
09-30-2011, 01:59 PM
man the previous owner sucks at wiring haha..thats a mess.

Trey27
09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
I know man trying to find a hot wire on this quad is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack it's about impossible Im thinking I need a whole new harness

Trey27
10-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Any one?

DnB_racing
10-01-2011, 03:42 PM
you need to find a black wire from the harness,if the key switch is installed still

this is the regulated circuit,all the black wires in the harness are common to this black wire, and put a toggle in line, and the other side goes to green, if the key is removed you need to jump the red to black to use the black circuit,

is the condenser still installed?

you might have to just use the red, it all depends on what was removed,

you dont need a new harness, just a little modification .. look at it in a positive way, when done fixing you will be good at reading a schematic.LOL

has the temp sending unit been removed?

if so, is the yellow/blue stripe wire still in the harness near the area were the fan goes?

if the yellow/blue stripe is there ,the best way is to use the black i mentioned on the regulated circuit and ground wire from the cdi that was originally used for the fan, and ground the yellow/blue wire to make the fan run continuously,

DnB_racing
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Trey27
Also I called a dealership and ive already tried running the fan back into its original green wire but it didn't work he must of cut it somewhere up the harness. i doubt its cut. this is probably the original green from the cdi to the fan

it will only be grounded if the yellow/blue wire is going to ground, or if plugged into temp sending unit and calling for fan to run when hot,

if your Honda dealer didnt tell you this, he isn't much of a mechanic, or want you to have them fix it.. either way its poor advice on there part, and time for a new mechanic

ethan450r
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Just get a battery pack and hook it up! lol

Sjorge450R
10-03-2011, 05:31 PM
your better off probably buying a harness off of ebay. It will save a lot of headaches and then you can decide what to keep and what to cut.