PDA

View Full Version : 400ex rear break?

xX-Clutch-Xx
09-29-2011, 07:45 PM
I rebuilt the rear brak caliper and master cylinder and i dont know how to prime it. The fronts were a piece of cake, you just slowly pump the handle, and the air bubbles come out from the line in the resevoir then you bleed them, but the rear doesnt seem to let the air out into the rear resevoir. when you pump the pedal with the bleeder open air comes out but with it closed nothing. no pressure escapes anywhere. how do you get the aire out of the line?

CJM
09-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Pump the pedal like 20x, open bleeder, rinse and repeat like 20x and it will be good. It took me and a buddy a good 15 mins of bleeding to get his 450r rear to get the air out.

At first it wont seem like your doing much, then after awhile the pedal will get harder.

Alternatively-a miteyvac brake bleeder works super well too. its all I will use on the front brakes cause I can never get them to gravity bleed.

xX-Clutch-Xx
09-29-2011, 08:05 PM
alright. ill give that a try tomorrow. and i have to ask, how good is the 416 11:1 and stage 2 cam? i ordered both of those and just wanna know what im in for

xX-Clutch-Xx
09-29-2011, 08:05 PM
alright. ill give that a try tomorrow. and i have to ask, how good is the 416 11:1 and stage 2 cam? i ordered both of those and just wanna know what im in for

CJM
09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Depends on compression ratio, but mine had alot of power.

Nice lowend and excellent mid and top end as well.

dxcody
09-29-2011, 09:07 PM
what is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier is just take the bleeder plug out, twist the resivore cap off, fill the resivore, let it drain down (take a few mins) keep topping it off until you see brake fluid giving a steady flow out of the bleeder, out the bleeder back in, and your good. A nice stiff brake pedal. Works amazing.

smithersusmc
09-30-2011, 06:55 AM
I have a Vacuum brake bleeder that I use to get the air out of the lines. I have it for working on vehicles, but I use it on my quad. I fill the reservoir and keep it full and I pump the air out with the bleeder. Then I go with the standard pump the pedal and crack the bleeder. Tighten then release the pedal. I repeat this about 5-10 times until the pedal is firm. Works great for both front and rear brakes.

You can get the hand pump bleeder kit at an auto parts store for like $50.

Smitty

xX-Clutch-Xx
09-30-2011, 08:32 PM
I rebuilt the master cylinder again and the spring and rubber cap go in then the piston type thing and its like it lodges in pplace and doesnt retract. is this just because it doesnt have any fluid in it?