PDA

View Full Version : Busco Beach NC....

Pappy
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Loved this place!!!

http://www.atvriders.com/articles/busco-beach-2011-atv-sxs-riding-camping-park-review.html

Honda5
09-29-2011, 12:42 PM
We went twice. Each time for a week and had a blast. There were 10 of us last time and we took all the toys we could haul. Most days there were only 5 or 10 other people there until the weekend. The only problem was deciding what to ride. RZR, dirt bike, xc quad , mx quad.

OldGuyonaQuad
09-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Yet another great read, all though I did have to re-read the kid getting out of the truck thing e a couple of times to make sense of it ;)

Anyway yea I wanna go there real bad now. All I need is a quad and some vacation time and I'm all set.

coryatver
09-29-2011, 07:45 PM
That place looks pretty awesome

Pappy
09-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Oldguy...I will have to re-word that, not sure if they did something when building the article or I just flubbed it LOL! It was hilarious to watch. The kid got out while dad was checking in and paying, the kid is watching some guys rip in a sand bowl when dad walks out, gets in the truck and drives off! The kid was screaming for his dad to no avail. I watched them go out of sight with the kid a few hundred yards behind the truck and trailer LOL.

I would say be safe when you go, anytime an open area and riding is involved it can be dangerous. I was told they have really cracked down on drinking and stupid behavior. I saw ZERO trouble the few days I was there as far as police, and saw no ambulances roll in etc. The staff had no problem telling folks not to do something and they informed me they did not put up with drinking and it sounded like that was the leading cause of past issues.

Crazy fun place to camp and ride.....so much diversity. Cant wait to get back there!

400exrip
09-30-2011, 04:52 AM
We raced the EDT Series there back about a month ago, they have a very good TT track.

And as far as the trails people say you can ride there all week long and never ride on the same path.

Fear250r
09-30-2011, 05:47 AM
Place sounds awesome. I had already been looking into it for a trip next year. Now I've really got an itch to head down!!

Pappy
09-30-2011, 06:04 AM
This is most deffinatley a place to hold an atvriders ride.....

RedSonya
09-30-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm planning a trip out there (and to a few other tracks) with a bunch of friends in early December! The more I hear about it, the more excited I get! Glad it has the Pappy seal of approval!

09-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Yea Busco is awesome, especially now that they have the tt national there. Ive heard some rumors that would make it even more awesome. Im down for an atvriders ride there.

OldGuyonaQuad
09-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
This is most deffinatley a place to hold an atvriders ride.....

Well link your boss and your sponser to this thread, their ad worked ;) I will definately put a group together to check this place out, which I otherwise would have never heard of. I've found several (ok 3 so far) places to ride directly from nice member of these forums.

Too bad you didn't have a video of the father/kid thing but I get your point they were both so entranced by the goings on that Dad pulled off without his kid. I am shooting for February maybe presidents days long atv weekend. I could even consider bringing the wife and kids here (summer time)where as Hatfield / McCoy not so much.

Pappy
09-30-2011, 04:34 PM
I was trying to think of a date in October or early November but with my shooting schedule that would be tough and it would lead me right into deer season:p I think a february ride would be off the chain!

Maybe like 2nd weekend in February, that gives me 2 weeks before I have to be in FL for the GNCC series

440racer66
09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
yeah i would be game for a atvriders day there for sure being that i live in NC. soo you put up the dates and ill be there

OldGuyonaQuad
09-30-2011, 05:12 PM
I was trying to think of a date in October or early November but with my shooting schedule that would be tough and it would lead me right into deer season:p I think a february ride would be off the chain!

Maybe like 2nd weekend in February, that gives me 2 weeks before I have to be in FL for the GNCC series

February 10-12? I was gonna do the presidents day weekend only to save on the vacation day but I would forgo that for a chance to do a forums ride/weekend.

Pappy
09-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I'd say that will work or the weekend that affords others the Presidents day deal (not sure when it is date wise)

400exrip
09-30-2011, 05:15 PM
You guys I also heard now that they are hosting a TT National down there, that they were going to also build a MX National there too.

Also Pappy, Why don't you do the TT race reports for us anymore, We would love it if you started doing it again, Cause you always gave the best race reports.

Pappy
09-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I did several TT races this season...ATVriders hasnt missed a single national event in this country and several others in YEARS!:p :D Im off this weekend, but Harlen is in Canada for the Montreal SX. As far as actually writing the reports, we have folks on them before I am even home!

I think the other pictures of the riding area are in the race gallery

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/2011-EDT-Series-Brusco-Beach/18876700_FbVQgX#1463289677_cVWKPZ4

Cody is working on building a National TT quad to run the EDT series next season as well. He took a 1st and 2nd at the Busco Beach round

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Private-Gallery-2/i-tTJQhg4/0/O/EDT3973.jpg

wickdYFZ450R
09-30-2011, 07:46 PM
So the date gonna be feb,10-12 If so I will try my hardest to be there.

Pappy
10-01-2011, 04:33 AM
Im free the 1st two weekends in Feb so what ever works best will be ok for me. Hopefully more folks will jump in and give their 2 cents so we can see what works.....

quad2xtreme
10-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Connie and I will make it either weekend.

OldGuyonaQuad
10-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I mentioned it to my brother last night, he is in and so is one of his buddies. My brother in law, nephew and best friend will be all in until it's time to go and then they will back out ;).

I've got three so far that are very intrested in going.

TWISTED
10-02-2011, 07:11 AM
I vote for Presidents Day weekend too!!! You can ride shotgun, Pappy.....

Pappy
10-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I dont have a calendar LOL....which weekend is P-days weekend?

OldGuyonaQuad
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Presidents day 2012 is Monday 2/20/12 so it would be the weekend after 2/17-2/20. Does that conflict with your Florida race?

TWISTED
10-02-2011, 09:32 AM
i vote AGAIN for Presidents Day weekend, Pappy!!!!!!!!! In case you didn't see my other vote!!!!!!!!!!

wickdYFZ450R
10-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Ok that works for me also..

Pappy
10-02-2011, 02:04 PM
It will be ok, just means back to back weekends running butw hats new LOL. Ok, so thats the date.

OldGuyonaQuad
10-02-2011, 02:37 PM
It will be ok, just means back to back weekends running butw hats new LOL. Ok, so thats the date.

Especially if it mean twisted & his crew are coming, I will bring my video camera and ace bandages ;)