PDA

View Full Version : question on my jetting for 300ex

SnotMe80
02-24-2003, 09:01 PM
i am running a 300ex with a fmf megamax pipe and header with a k&n filter-i have the 128 main jet installed according to their website and they say the stock pilot jet but what if i have the k&n-it changes for the 400ex but they list nothing for the 300ex with the k&n. what do you think i should use?
i have been running this setup for over a year and a half but i was wondering if i could gain a little more?

QuadJunkies
02-25-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by SnotMe80
i am running a 300ex with a fmf megamax pipe and header with a k&n filter-i have the 128 main jet installed according to their website and they say the stock pilot jet but what if i have the k&n-it changes for the 400ex but they list nothing for the 300ex with the k&n. what do you think i should use?
i have been running this setup for over a year and a half but i was wondering if i could gain a little more? did you just recently go to K&N? were you runnin closed air box before and are wanting to modify?

SnotMe80
02-25-2003, 08:57 AM
no i have been running the k&n since i put the pipe and header on-i also run a closed air box with lid on because i do alot of water crossings. like i said it rus fine but i did not know if could get a little more out of it?
thanks
Rob

QuadJunkies
02-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by SnotMe80
no i have been running the k&n since i put the pipe and header on-i also run a closed air box with lid on because i do alot of water crossings. like i said it rus fine but i did not know if could get a little more out of it?
thanks
Rob WEll I think if your running a full system, then this will be about all your gonna get Im afraid..:(

Colby@C&DRacing
02-25-2003, 10:48 AM
I have never had to change the pilot on a 300ex they run pretty good with the stock size.:)

300exTJjeeper
02-26-2003, 03:26 PM
Colby,
Quick question, I will be installing a PRo Circuit T 4 Pipe and uni filter on my 300ex with uni pre filter,
I bought some jets to give me a start. I have installed a mani Khien Jet #125 and the needle to groove 4, Is this a good starting point for me to have, I understand the pilot will be good where it's at now. So my main concern is the main jet.

The 125 is that to low for a starting point or whould I start higher and go from there.

Any help would be greatful.

Everything goes on this saturday.

Thanks in advance