PDA

View Full Version : Qucik help wiring kill switch

BULLET99Z28
09-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I have looked at the sticky thread regarding the harnesses, but I still have a couple questions with my wiring. It is an 86 harness I believe, and I am using a Pro- Design kill switch. I am not using the factory light/ on-off switch, no lights or regulator if I don't have to.
Here is a pic of my harness. you can see a black/ white wire and a green wire coming out of the harness as well as the regulator terminal and light switch terminal(i believe).

Where should I connect the kill switch to? Should the long wire from the k/s connect to the black wire, and connect the short k/s wire and green to a frame ground, and be good to go? Thanks

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x237/BULLET99Z28/2011-09-28123746.jpg

BULLET99Z28
09-28-2011, 09:07 PM
The parts bike i bought ran with this harness and motor, it had an old crappy kill switch, I just don't remember how it was wired up. And do i need to have a regulator connected, even though I don't need lights? Not sure if I wanna make it a full race/igniton only harness. Thanks

Grande Huevos
09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
you for sure do NOT need lights or reg or any of that. all you need is a ground and either black/yellow or black/white off the stator. I cant remember wich one it is but all its does is ground out the motor when you pull the teather or turn the switch off and kills the motor.

deathman53
10-04-2011, 03:28 AM
you can also connect it to the 2 wires going to the coil.

BULLET99Z28
10-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Got it, wired the k/s ground and the green to a frame ground together, and the long k/s wire to the Cdi wire(black/white) and it sparks.