PDA

View Full Version : These 400ex's Sure Are Tough

cheater13
09-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Well im typin with a broken wrist so its slow but i wrecked my 400ex two nights ago after school.. Well me and my bro decided to go riding and i love riding in the field next to the road at my grandparents. Not to brag, but im a pretty good showoff on my 400 but it got the best of me this time. I was in 4th hammerin it through the field and i was too far to the left of the field so i drifted right because i wanted to get lined up with the jump i always hit. By the way the grass was wet so i love drifting cause its easy. Well, i turned right and went to sharp(keep in mind im in 4th) and my tire caught traction on some dry grass and all i remember was my killswitch pulling out. It threw me 15-20 feet and my fourwheeler rolled several times. My brother was on the other side of the field and right when i got up, i heard him coming fast as he can on his bayou 220. He came over and i told him to roll my quad over and turn the gas off. I had a terrible pain in my wrist so i held it while he was getting my quad back on all 4's but i had to help him push it up with my left hand.

Well my 400ex is surely a tough built quad. The bars only got bent and the clutch but we bent them back up and tightened the clutch back up. The hood flew off so we just put it back on. Also, i had grass in my rim. The only real damage was some of the plastic in the headlight that surrounds it, got broken and there is a gap between my headlight and the left side of the front plastic. About a half inch.

I ended up breaking my right wrist and fracturing in two places. So i cant ride for a month, which sucks. I guess both, the quad and i came out lucky.

*And yes, i was wearing a helmet.

DirtyBirdRacing
09-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Dam, Sucks you broke your wrist, but could of been worse. I broke my wrist at the beginning of this year ( snow boarding ) Do everything the DR tells you to with it, If its anything like mine was, after i got my cast off I had like 5% movement in it I had to do Therapy for about 3 months to get it close to normal. Worst part of the body that i have broken so far.. Glad to hear that the EX made it out "fine" as well. i have rolled mine over a few times now. bars always seem to be the only thing that take a beaing.

I think its funny, right after a crash the 1st thing that comes to peoples minds in MY QUAD! flip it back over, turn it off..ect lol

rockbrook
09-28-2011, 12:32 PM
glad that you didnt get hurt too bad, i need to get a helmet now that i'm starting to trail ride a little more rougher, back when i had my Scrambler we cruised through the trails now everyone's gotten Raptors and whatnot and we're Blazing through the trails now!

cheater13
09-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah, i cant do anything without my right wrist but yeah right when my bro came over, thats the first thing i told him haha. He says he will never forget the moment because he just turned around and saw my back end straight up in the air. Sometimes i wish it was on video to see what i did wrong.

And yes, i would get a helmet no matter what because when i landed, my wrist and head hit first. My helmet pretty much saved my life if you think about it

Muzzgit
09-29-2011, 07:53 AM
After a crash like that it's time for a new helmet too.

AtvKid4Eva
09-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Get better man! i broke a wrist once..not fun. Let it heal before you start riding again tho so you don't have pains in it for your whole life! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

cheater13
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Well my helmet didnt take any damage, which is a good thing.

And thanks AtvKid, its hard though not ridin for a month

Stickman400
09-29-2011, 05:43 PM
I've broken so many bones because of the wheelers I've owned that I'm begining to loose count, literally. All I remember is that I've broken my right leg twice, my left leg once, my pelvis, my right arm and my left wrist once. And I broke multiple bones each time I broke something. But I still keep coming back for more. Just make sure you get full mobility back and the doctor says you're good to go before you try to do anything hard on it. I've ridin mine with my arm and wrist in a cast before, I wasn't jumping or tearing *** down the road though, just puttering around.

cheater13
09-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Dang man, i feel lucky to only have a broken wrist but yeah ill probably just putt around too with my cast on.

DirtyBirdRacing
09-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by cheater13
Well my helmet didnt take any damage, which is a good thing.

And thanks AtvKid, its hard though not ridin for a month

Ehh even if you dont see any damge Id recommend getting a new one after it hit the ground IMO Id rather be safe knowing theres 100% nothing wrong with my helment than possibly missing something that will cause it to be weak next time around..

cheater13
09-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh alright thanks, ill have to keep that in mind.

Red_250EX_Rider
10-01-2011, 12:17 AM
That sucks but Im remember my first broken bone on a wheeler possibly the dumbest break and luck. I had my 250 then and took the baffle out for the heck of it, Well i was drifting and it missed or something and it tipped and through me hard, somehow i had my hand fisted up and landed on it hard and got a boxers fracture on my right hand. Wore the cast 2 days cut it off and wore gauze around it a week too keep the swelling down. My pinky knuckle is a inch down from the rest. :P

cheater13
10-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Oh wow haha. I dont intend to take my cast off though myself. I'll wait to it heals the whole way haha. Good thing you dont use your pinkey too much :P

Red_250EX_Rider
10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
True the doctor was foreign and didn't seem to know much and gave me the wrong cast for it anyways!

DirtyBirdRacing
10-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by cheater13
Oh wow haha. I dont intend to take my cast off though myself. I'll wait to it heals the whole way haha. Good thing you dont use your pinkey too much :P

Good idea to let it heal all the way lol wrist fracture/break is no joke worst bone i have ever broken And i have broken knee cap, both Arms (several times and places) i still dont have full use of it, and if say someone was closeing a door and i went to stop it the shock to the bone makes it hurt like a mofo...

cheater13
10-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah hopefully i dont have any more incidents like this. I dont need aything else broken haha