PDA

View Full Version : twist or trx90 throttle

bloodswet&gears
09-28-2011, 07:37 AM
My son wants a twist throttle bad. I told him i would get him a trx90 thumb throttle. He dont want a thumb throttle. His quad is a e-ton 50, Front & Rear brakes are levers on the bars. I think i need to wait & put a foot brake on it before i put a twist throttle. Not sure he will be able to brake & throttle using a twist throttle and lever brakes.

What have you guys ran into on this situation?

The only thing I can think of is to buy both and let him decide. Really dont want to waste the money.

Christiansdad
09-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I bought a twist throttle for my 5 year old that races(first year). Got it from g-force for like 40 bucks then. did its job..we only had front brakes and the back brake doesnt do them to much good right now unless your eton has drums on the front..then keep the back. I wanted the twist for him because he only went to a certain point on the thumb then stopped..the twist throttle was a 1/4 wide open kinda tricky to get use to..but then he let off...back to the thumb throttle again but this time i put a yamaha blaster throttle assembly with threaded apex throttle cable and he loves it...but anyways having the brake on the right side will more than likly be bad IF he has short hands or not strong enofe because he is likely to take his hand off the throttle..pull back on the brake and blimp the throttle at the same time...could panic. freak out or ?

Logan #34's Dad
09-29-2011, 07:54 PM
I guess if your rider is used to riding a dirtbike then they'd have no problems. Another thing to think about is IF the youth dirt bike riders can get used to it then why couldn't a youth quad rider?
We are gonna try a twist throttle soon..... The AMA 90 Modified Champion from this year uses a twist throttle....

bloodswet&gears
09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Well I ordered him a twist throttle yesterday morning. I didnt think anybody was going to reply with info on this so i went ahead and we are gonna see how it works for him. This is his first year also. He is 4.

Our rear brake is on the left side and Im not sure he uses the front right now. He wants a foot brake. Looking into that too.