PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a Quad?????

Logan #34's Dad
09-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Hey folks, any of you had to ship a quad somewhere? I need to get a quad from Minnesota to Ohio and wondering if it'd be less money to have it shipped or just drive 15 hours one way to pick it up. What company should I use?
Thanks, Rocky

Coley'sdad#8
09-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Rocky
have them spent the forty bucks, build a crate on a pallet cover the box with osb board 6 bucks a sheet so it will be safe while shipped for sure. do research and c who has terminal near your seller in MN set up shipping, prolly just a few hundred bucks but they can quote you when you call the freight line. seller could drop it off at terminal or they could pick it up @ a business addy.
Shipping is simple, things are shipped everyday we just think of it different with motorcycles / atv's but it is just freight to them just the same. Some to try Con-Way , Averitt , ABF Freight , Merchants Freight Line, Old Dominion
Just google trucking motor freight ________, MN and the zip
What did ya buy by the way??

jake55
09-28-2011, 06:28 AM
about a year ago i asked the same question, i had several guys p m me who were out of work looking to pick up some cash. all they wanted was gas money + $100 bucks or so.
good luck with the new purchase.

LT80
09-28-2011, 06:50 AM
If you search ******** they had a write up on this.
I contacted a company and it was 400 or so depending on where/etc.
No crate was ness. they roll it in a trailer and strap it down.
I just went to Ky to pick up 2 Lt's. 800 miles r/t.
About $200 in fuel and 14 hrs driving.

LT80
09-28-2011, 06:51 AM
-->***<-- That's BS Harlan..Grow up.
A
T
V
S
c
e
n
e

coffing918
09-28-2011, 11:59 AM
We ship quads to hetricks from south jersey. Its under $300. I also looked into shipping a quad to puerto rico i remember it being about $600. So it will probablly be somewere between those 2 prices

Logan #34's Dad
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
What companies are you guys using?

TTracer#22
09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I have shipped quads back and forth to Rich and Michelle and Michelle has always set it up for us from Pa. to Ca. usually runs 300-400 set the bike on a pallet and shrink wrap it thats what i've always done and worked great.

fastrnrik
09-28-2011, 01:04 PM
I have used Yellow Freight and R&L to ship quads. If you can have it partially disassembled then crated it makes for much smaller crate and usually cheaper. We sent a bike to Scotland last year and saved a bunch by breaking it down some.
The best thing to do is try to find a buddy who works somewhere that has a shipping department, like a warehouse type place. They have resources for shipping that are usually way cheaper than the average guy would pay. I shipped a quad from Chicago to FL for 300 bucks this way. Would have cost me 600 or for me to do it on my own.

I would stay away from uship or websites like that. People "bid" on your shipping. Like a guy going that way gives a price, etc. I know two guys who used uship, one who bought a quad and one who sold one. Both cases the quad was picked up by the "shipper" but never delivered.... Lotta scammers on there.

I'd much rather pay a little more to use a reputable trucking company. Oh, and insure your crate cuz they aint easy with them! LOL

otteboys
09-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I am shipping one from MN to PA for $350. Try R&L or USF Holland.

LT80
09-29-2011, 07:27 AM
haulbikes.com
Roll em in and door to door service.